Value of: Dzingel to Carolina

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I'm guessing Ottawa would be asking for a 1st and good prospect. That's what I'd ask for.

Canes aren't in a position to trade their 1st round pick for a rental though.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
I'm guessing Ottawa would be asking for a 1st and good prospect. That's what I'd ask for.

Canes aren't in a position to trade their 1st round pick for a rental though.

They'll end up settling for less, if they make the decision to trade him. We're looking at the deepest rental forward class we've seen in a long time. The Sens are protected from getting squeezed on Duchene and Stone because they're high-end, but there are other options to look at if the Sens push too hard on Dzingel (Hayes, Staal, Nyquist, Zuccarello, Simmonds, etc.) Buyers are going to milk the clock until the sellers start feeling the pressure of potentially losing a quality asset for nothing.

This is actually a good package, especially if it's Kuokkanen as the prospect. I'm not sure it's the right idea for the Canes to be buying at that level just yet.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
I think that the Canes need a few more wins on their column before they buy, though they almost certainly will keep Ferland now that the team is playing so well. I could see a short-term fix at goalie if the Sens and Canes trade. Maybe Anderson for Mrazek and a mid-round pick?

Reactions: Crosside

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
That's a pretty fair package. I'd add a conditional 2nd if he signs.

Dzingel

for

Kuokkanen
2019 2nd (better of the BUF/CAR 2nds)
Conditional 2020 2nd (if Dzingel extends in Carolina)

Probably a decent deal for both teams.

Reactions: Unsustainable

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Dumb question as I don’t follow the Sens.,.is he strictly a winger or center? I assume he’s a LW?

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
I'd give up the Skinner return for Dzingle (2nd + 3rd + Pu). Tough to pay more for Dzingle than Buffalo paid for a full year of Skinner. If the Canes are paying that much for a rental then it should be Hayes.

For me (based on Canes specific needs): Duchene > Stone > Hayes > Brassard > Zucc > Nyquist = Dzingle

If Ottawa really wanted a NHL ready player then I'd consider something like:
Saarela + conditional 2nd (condition he re-signs or the Canes make Conference Finals)

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad