Dzingel (Alarm) Bells

Yourkeyparka

Oct 15, 2010
I have been watching him closely since the season started. I seriously think his prime motivation this season is not to get hurt and put up points for his upcoming contract. He constantly cheats. Skates like hell to look like he's contributing but avoiding most contact on the forecheck and on the boards. Hurrying his passes and thus not making plays. I would consider this the best time to trade him and get a solid return. He frustrates me to no end this year. Thoughts?

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I have been watching him closely since the season started. I seriously think his prime motivation this season is not to get hurt and put up points for his upcoming contract. He constantly cheats. Skates like hell to look like he's contributing but avoiding most contact on the forecheck and on the boards. Hurrying his passes and thus not making plays. I would consider this the best time to trade him and get a solid return. He frustrates me to no end this year. Thoughts?

I guess people see every player differently. I see a guy that understands the game better than ever, he has shown an ability to slow down the play and become a play maker on top of a speedster. He is a real threat not only on the rush but on the power play too, his d zone positioning looks good to me. I think he has bought into what Boucher wants and is playing to his strengths. I had a coach that had a saying, as a forward you are either a rusher or a crusher if you arent going to do either you'll end up an usher.

I see a rusher that is turning into a 60 point player that is good at getting into lanes with an active stick and takes care of the boards in his own end and the point man. Playing a style that can sustain its self for 82+ games. At 26 years old with minimal wear and tear on his body and a guy thats got better every year I think he is exactly who they should build around and sign to an extension.

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands

That seems completely rational on a team that's destined to go nowhere this year. Contract year. You need to stay healthy and put up points.

Reactions: Upgrayedd

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
He has a leg injury and his speed has been noticeably slower because of it.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Dzingel is a solid hockey player the unfourtante thing I see playing out is someone is going to overpay him and the dzingel contract will always come up when you want to acknowledge him as a good hockey player.

Basically I'm trying to say some team is going to pay him 6m to score 15 to 20 goals a year.

Sentron5000

Mar 24, 2010
If Stone and Duchene are resigned, I would expect him to be traded...perhaps as soon as when Pageau comes back.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Is trying to put up points and avoid injury now something you're not supposed to do? Should we be targeting injured players who put no points? We already got Smith.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I find he's a little bit like Hoffman.. without the really big shot. I like having him on the team
He is a little like Hoffman, but not as lazy. Having said that, Dzingel is fairly easy to replace IMO if his demands are out of whack.

Yourkeyparka

Oct 15, 2010
Is trying to put up points and avoid injury now something your not supposed to do? Should we be targeting injured players who put no points? We already got Smith.

I guess I would like to see him more involved and disruptive when on the forecheck using his speed. Contributing more of a team effort. Willing to pay the price to win. He is a peripheral player. I would not re-sign the guy. Would rather get assets back. Batherson will easily take his place next year.

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
I don't think he has any real loyality to the Senators. I could see him wanting to play for a team in the US.
I think he will not sign with the Senators they are better to trade him if they can. He could get a better deal and maybe be in a city closer to his hometown.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Dzingel is inconsistent but he's played well for the most part. I don't think he can be the best (or even 2nd best) player on a good top 6 line, but he is a fine 3rd winger and he has a very good shot to go along with his speed. His passing is average to above average and he gets into good scoring positions. I don't think he is worth to us what he will get as an FA but he is a player that any team could use. I think he brings value in the fact that he can score 20 goals and 40 points from the 3rd line - doesn't need to play with high-skill players to produce, which is pretty rare in the league.

Is trying to put up points and avoid injury now something you're not supposed to do? Should we be targeting injured players who put no points? We already got Smith.

Your obsession with Smith is one of the strangest things I've ever seen. Like what, you were in the midst of making a totally reasonable point and then you just remembered how much you hate Zack Smith and felt an inconsolable urge to express that fact?

He's scoring at a 50 point pace... :laugh:

Reactions: Clayonator

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I don't think he has any real loyality to the Senators. I could see him wanting to play for a team in the US.
I think he will not sign with the Senators they are better to trade him if they can. He could get a better deal and maybe be in a city closer to his hometown.

Do you have anything to back that up or just pure speculation? Typically guys that are drafted in the 7th round given a chance and are developed into top 6 forwards that become multi millionaires often show tremendous loyalty.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Dzingel is a one-dimensional player. Inattentive defensively, weak on the boards, loses most of his battles, doesn't engage.

He can be good on the backcheck when he moves his feet, but for the most part his value is solely defined by his contributions with the puck on his stick.

If he's not scoring he's not helping the team, which is why I'd prefer that we deal him at the deadline for a 1st/2nd instead of locking him long-term.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
He looks better than ever imo. What his motivations are can’t say for sure.

Yourkeyparka

Oct 15, 2010
Dzingel is a one-dimensional player. Inattentive defensively, weak on the boards, loses most of his battles, doesn't engage.

He can be good on the backcheck when he moves his feet, but for the most part his value is solely defined by his contributions with the puck on his stick.

If he's not scoring he's not helping the team, which is why I'd prefer that we deal him at the deadline for a 1st/2nd instead of locking him long-term.

My thoughts exactly. On point and factual.

Reactions: Mark Effin Stone

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007

Sounds like Hoffman.

Wonder how many that disliked Hoffman likes Dzingel and vise versa

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Its just all so blatant. The Mark Stone hits will be coming soon enough. It's a coping mechanism but I think there's also an agenda being pushed here in a lot of cases.

ok.

So you are you saying that you don't see him cheat and bail on plays? If you don't, that is perfectly fine.

Some do, and it doesn't always have to have an ulterior motive. I like Dzingel and hope he re-signs. Doesn't mean I am happy lately with his play.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Its just all so blatant. The Mark Stone hits will be coming soon enough. It's a coping mechanism but I think there's also an agenda being pushed here in a lot of cases.

I really dont get it, its not like you're convincing Pierre Dorion to trade the player by ripping on him. I find it very very strange.

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
I really like Dzingel, but as mentioned by others already, he's going to get paid too much for a budget team like us. I don't anticipate him taking a discount to stay here, but a longer term contract at 4.5 I'm probably okay with.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad