Dynasty league 2nd Overall pick

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
Dynasty salary league. Scoring is a H2H format, G, A, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, FOW, PIMs, Hits and Blocks. W, GAA, GA, SV, SV% and SHO.

I pick 2nd overall in a snake format (10 teams, 40 rounds).

I've confirmed with the guy picking 1st that McDavid is going 1 OA. Is there any compelling reason to consider picking anyone but Draisaitl at 2 OA?

If so, who?

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Are positions a factor in your league? Draisaitl's C/LW is huge.. I would personally take Draisaitl either way.

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
Are positions a factor in your league? Draisaitl's C/LW is huge.. I would personally take Draisaitl either way.

I'm assuming we'll be doing this similar to the sister league. Yahoo scoring with 2LW, 2C, 2RW, 6F, 6D, 2G and 5 bench.

If it was more positionally sensitive that would absolutely be a factor. Here I'm more concerned about the best player in the next 8-10 year window where this pick will be my cornerstone player.

We've already done our 2018 and 2019 entry drafts, where my notables are Dahlin, Bouchard, Cozens and Krebs (yay for drafting 4th/7th in each round).

Total of 25 players on our scoring roster. Then 35 on the farm team and 3 years of prospects from our annual entry drafts - after 3 years, prospects would either need to be signed to one's scoring roster or farm team or be released to free agency.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad