OT: Dynasty Keeper League Openings

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
As some of you know I am the commissioner of a dynasty keeper league that's been running for 15+ years now. In the past some have expressed interest in joining but there were no spots open. That has finally changed, this season we actually have 2 spots available.
A few details about the league...

Scoring Type: Rotisserie Style
Skater Categories: Goals, Assists, Plus/Minus, Powerplay Points, Shots on Goal, Hits, Blocks
Goalie Categories: Wins, Goals Against Average, Save Percentage, Shutouts
Positions: 2 Center, 2 Left Wing, 2 Right Wing, 4 Defense, 1 Utility, 2 Goalies, 4 Bench, 1 Injured Reserve
Keepers: 4

If you end up joining the league you will be taking over an existing team, you will need to choose 4 players from that team to designate as your keepers. The league is a money league and you will be required to pay the $50 entry fee. Finish anywhere in the top 5 and you will at the least get your entry fee reimbursed while the winner of the league gets a jersey and $150 cash.

I won't require that you have a lot of experience but it will help your chances of winning tremendously if you do. My only requirement is that you must be an active manager. An active manager is one who keeps up with their team regularly by checking it at least twice a week making sure they don't have injured players in their starting lineup. It's not easy to win but it's extremely easy to be active!

Anyway please reply in this thread if you're interested or have any questions.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
As some of you know I am the commissioner of a dynasty keeper league that's been running for 15+ years now. In the past some have expressed interest in joining but there were no spots open. That has finally changed, this season we actually have 2 spots available.
A few details about the league...

Scoring Type: Rotisserie Style
Skater Categories: Goals, Assists, Plus/Minus, Powerplay Points, Shots on Goal, Hits, Blocks
Goalie Categories: Wins, Goals Against Average, Save Percentage, Shutouts
Positions: 2 Center, 2 Left Wing, 2 Right Wing, 4 Defense, 1 Utility, 2 Goalies, 4 Bench, 1 Injured Reserve
Keepers: 4

If you end up joining the league you will be taking over an existing team, you will need to choose 4 players from that team to designate as your keepers. The league is a money league and you will be required to pay the $50 entry fee. Finish anywhere in the top 5 and you will at the least get your entry fee reimbursed while the winner of the league gets a jersey and $150 cash.

I won't require that you have a lot of experience but it will help your chances of winning tremendously if you do. My only requirement is that you must be an active manager. An active manager is one who keeps up with their team regularly by checking it at least twice a week making sure they don't have injured players in their starting lineup. It's not easy to win but it's extremely easy to be active!

Anyway please reply in this thread if you're interested or have any questions.
I'm interested if you still have a slot available.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
A few questions:

1. How many years can any one player be kept?
2. Is the draft in person or online?
3. Can you share the available rosters?
4. What site hosts the league?
5. When is draft day?

I've been looking for a serious fantasy pool. I've been a part of a league with mostly Canadians that isn't too fun anymore because it's all online with essentially anonymous folks.

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ
I have never played, but have wanted to. I would happily join, and donate my $50 for the privilege, if you're still in need.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I'm interested if you still have a slot available.

Yep so far all signs are pointing to the slots being available. Have you played before? I'm just curious, as I stated in my OP it's not required, my only requirement is that you're active. Hopefully you'd be joining with the mindset to play for several years because we really try to avoid turnover in this league.

I have never played, but have wanted to. I would happily join, and donate my $50 for the privilege, if you're still in need.

As I mentioned above it looks like there indeed will be two spots open. My only requirement is that you're active and that includes if your team sucks. It's easy to be active when you're winning, it's when you have a tough season that it takes effort to keep up with the team. I require that though because crappy managers have negative effects on the whole league, not just their own team. Since you have no experience there's a good chance you'll struggle the first year so if you're just looking to dabble in fantasy hockey it might be better to go elsewhere. However if you're really interested but have been waiting for a good situation to present itself, this is it!

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
A few questions:

1. How many years can any one player be kept?
2. Is the draft in person or online?
3. Can you share the available rosters?
4. What site hosts the league?
5. When is draft day?

I've been looking for a serious fantasy pool. I've been a part of a league with mostly Canadians that isn't too fun anymore because it's all online with essentially anonymous folks.

1) 3 years
2) It is a live draft and it's online
3) I don't have them handy but I can get them if you really want them. However it'll be a random draw for the open spots to keep it fair.
4) Yahoo
5) The draft day hasn't been chose yet but it's typically within a few days of opening night. Your keeper selections will be due a week before the draft. This gives everyone a chance to see who's going to be available in the draft and strategize (or not) however they see fit.

This is a serious fantasy league but it's online so I guess the anonymous part could still apply. There will be at least 4 board 40 members playing if that helps. Also most of the people in the league live here in Phoenix. That said if you're main purpose for joining is social I'm not sure you'll get that fix through this league. It's mostly focused on competition (but with good sportsmanship) and hockey, not so much socializing.

Feel free to ask anymore questions if you have them.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
1) 3 years
2) It is a live draft and it's online
3) I don't have them handy but I can get them if you really want them. However it'll be a random draw for the open spots to keep it fair.
4) Yahoo
5) The draft day hasn't been chose yet but it's typically within a few days of opening night. Your keeper selections will be due a week before the draft. This gives everyone a chance to see who's going to be available in the draft and strategize (or not) however they see fit.

This is a serious fantasy league but it's online so I guess the anonymous part could still apply. There will be at least 4 board 40 members playing if that helps. Also most of the people in the league live here in Phoenix. That said if you're main purpose for joining is social I'm not sure you'll get that fix through this league. It's mostly focused on competition (but with good sportsmanship) and hockey, not so much socializing.

Feel free to ask anymore questions if you have them.

I'm still interested. Especially if the league is active. At least one person has checked out in the other league each year and that is very annoying.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I'm still interested. Especially if the league is active. At least one person has checked out in the other league each year and that is very annoying.
It's not a talkative league (the board might have 5 posts on it in an entire season) but everyone manages their teams regularly which is all I ask. Even the managers that are having bad years and are at the bottom of the standings still maintain their lineups reasonably well. One thing that helps is our unique approach to draft positioning. The person who finishes in 5th place gets the choice of either $50 (play for free next season) & #8 overall pick or the #1 overall pick. If they take the pick, then the player who finished 6th gets to either take $50 & #8 overall pick or the #2 overall pick, this continues until someone finally takes the money. Once that happens the remaining teams all fall into place with the top 4 always picking 9, 10, 11 and 12 regardless. So even if you're having a crappy season you're still incentivized to move up as far are you can, tanking will only hurt your team. Plus you can trade drafts picks in our league, this is another way a crappy team can build for next year. If you have a star player who you can't keep, flip him to one of the contending teams for a high draft pick next year. Anyway I'll reserve one of the spots for you, expect the actual invite to the league sometime in the next week or two.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
It's not a talkative league (the board might have 5 posts on it in an entire season) but everyone manages their teams regularly which is all I ask. Even the managers that are having bad years and are at the bottom of the standings still maintain their lineups reasonably well. One thing that helps is our unique approach to draft positioning. The person who finishes in 5th place gets the choice of either $50 (play for free next season) & #8 overall pick or the #1 overall pick. If they take the pick, then the player who finished 6th gets to either take $50 & #8 overall pick or the #2 overall pick, this continues until someone finally takes the money. Once that happens the remaining teams all fall into place with the top 4 always picking 9, 10, 11 and 12 regardless. So even if you're having a crappy season you're still incentivized to move up as far are you can, tanking will only hurt your team. Plus you can trade drafts picks in our league, this is another way a crappy team can build for next year. If you have a star player who you can't keep, flip him to one of the contending teams for a high draft pick next year. Anyway I'll reserve one of the spots for you, expect the actual invite to the league sometime in the next week or two.

That's a creative way to keep things active. Keepers help too. I was always a bit surprised the league I've done the past 3 years didn't do that. It would help, along with interesting draft stipulations, make the league more enjoyable. It's mostly the same people but the Yahoo randomizer selects the draft order each year regardless of previous year finish.

I'll definitely claim on of those sports. Please let me know if anything changes.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Yep so far all signs are pointing to the slots being available. Have you played before? I'm just curious, as I stated in my OP it's not required, my only requirement is that you're active. Hopefully you'd be joining with the mindset to play for several years because we really try to avoid turnover in this league.
=======================
I've played the past 3 years with a group of Coyote fans (I've won the past 2 seasons.) Plus I usually play in a couple of ESPN leagues. Yup, I'm an active player.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
That's a creative way to keep things active. Keepers help too. I was always a bit surprised the league I've done the past 3 years didn't do that. It would help, along with interesting draft stipulations, make the league more enjoyable. It's mostly the same people but the Yahoo randomizer selects the draft order each year regardless of previous year finish.

I'll definitely claim on of those sports. Please let me know if anything changes.

=======================
I've played the past 3 years with a group of Coyote fans (I've won the past 2 seasons.) Plus I usually play in a couple of ESPN leagues. Yup, I'm an active player.

Alright, sounds good, you the two spots will be reserved for you guys. Look for a PM sometime in the next week or so. In the mean time do you have questions about the league?

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I didn't hear back from you but if you read my initial response to you and are still interested I will put you on the short list in the event another spot opens up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad