Value of: Dylan Strome

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
As a Leaf fan, id offer up more than a 2nd. His biggest issue was and is skating, and our training and skating staff seems to have been able to helo some young guys turn the corner.

Id say put him on the wing and let him play on the 3rd line with Kadri and Brown, and give him a full year just working on his speed. When Marleau leaves, he can slot up to Matthews wing.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Yeah, He did not work out as planned. Really not great for the Yotes?

Is is safe to say he is a bust?

He’s 3 years removed from his draft as a 3rd over all pick. He has been an absolute floater this whole preseason.

I am not a fan. I am likely in the minority, but yes I think he’s a bust or very close to it.

MagicalRazor

Oct 25, 2016
I think he should play a full year in the NHL he was a ppg in the AHL . I think he needs a full season playing PP.

If he hits 35-40 Points this year i would call it a successful season for him . Hes not worth trading at all. Yotes biggest needs are Centers why would you trade your best Center prospect

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
He got called up at the end of last season and put up 8pts in 10gp to close out the year.

People say that’s trash time. It was for the Coyotes but not the other teams they played. Certainly not the Blues who he put up 3pts against on 3/31. That team missed the playoffs by a single point, if I recall correctly.

It sounds as though his last pre-season game was a stinker. It’s pre-season. That’s the real trash time. He was also playing third line minutes with Mario Kempe and Lawson Crouse in that game. Which isn’t as good as Max Domi and Zac Rinaldo, I guess, who were his line mates in that 10 game call-up at the end of the year.

With Galchenyuk and Dvorak injures to start the season, one would hope Dylan Strome will get a chance to play with a couple of bonafide NHL wingers. Not the likes of Rinaldo, Kempe, and Crouse.

When Galchenyuk and Dvorak come back a few weeks after the season starts, if Strome has done nothing with this opportunity, this thread might be worthwhile. If he looks like he could use a change of scenery in November or December, than so be it.

Reactions: Jakey53 and Pia8988

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
He has one of the best shots I've seen. Just needs the time to let it go. He'll never be a great skater, but he needs to find space in the offensive zone to get open. Could be a Vanek type of player at the NHL level.

Would love him on the Leafs and he's good friends with Marner. Johnsson-Strome-Kapanen could be a fun line with the way the other two skate and he can line up on the right side on that 2nd PP unit.

I'd offer somebody like Bracco who's buried by wing depth, maybe a project like Nielsen and a late 1st for him, maybe a conditional pick as well.

rt

May 13, 2004
He has one of the best shots I've seen. Just needs the time to let it go. He'll never be a great skater, but he needs to find space in the offensive zone to get open. Could be a Vanek type of player at the NHL level.

Would love him on the Leafs and he's good friends with Marner. Johnsson-Strome-Kapanen could be a fun line with the way the other two skate and he can line up on the right side on that 2nd PP unit.

I'd offer somebody like Bracco who's buried by wing depth, maybe a project like Nielsen and a late 1st for him, maybe a conditional pick as well.
Bracco, Nielsen, and a late 1st is a very good offer that would be worth looking at in another month or two.

Same goes for the Logan Brown offer. And the Yamamoto offer. Hell, even Puljujarvi.

People are not offering trash given Strome’s limited NHL resume. I appreciate that so far in this thread. Of course he might put up .65ppg in his first two months and all of these will be laughable. He might struggle to earn quality ice despite injuries at center and all of these offers will be downgraded.

The Coyotes have waited three years. They can wait three more months.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
He’s 3 years removed from his draft as a 3rd over all pick. He has been an absolute floater this whole preseason.

I am not a fan. I am likely in the minority, but yes I think he’s a bust or very close to it.
This is an accurate assessment. Strome has been up and down 4 times with 2 different coaches on a team desperate for a 1C or 2C. Tocc played Domi at C last year and kept Strome in the AHL to tell you how bad it is. I hope he turns the corner this year but chances are like 30% or less. His value, if he doesn't turn the corner this year is a second round pick or an over paid journeymen somebody wants to get rid of.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Bracco, Nielsen, and a late 1st is a very good offer that would be worth looking at in another month or two.

Same goes for the Logan Brown offer. And the Yamamoto offer. Hell, even Puljujarvi.

People are not offering trash given Strome’s limited NHL resume. I appreciate that so far in this thread. Of course he might put up .65ppg in his first two months and all of these will be laughable. He might struggle to earn quality ice despite injuries at center and all of these offers will be downgraded.

The Coyotes have waited three years. They can wait three more months.
Theres no way in hell Oilers move Pulju after how he's playing so far.

But Yamo we can look at, especially if you take on Lucic for a pick (which Zona does for a lot of teams).

rt

May 13, 2004

But Yamo we can look at, especially if you take on Lucic for a pick (which Zona does for a lot of teams).
Arizona doesn’t take on salary for teams. They take on cap hit. Pronger, Datsyuk, Bolland and Hossa never played a game. All LTIR. Arizona paid almost no actual cash for any of them.

Lucic is a completely different story.

Reactions: Flyerfan52

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona

The problem with Lucic is he’s owed that money. I don’t know how his contract is structured, but Hosea, datsyuk, bolland, pronger - all were insirance paid.

member 147413

I’m so glad Marner was available to us. If you guys had drafted him we prob would’ve chosen Strome. I still think he’s gonna be a really good player though. He was dominant in the AHL last season so I’m curious what a full NHL season will look like.
Leafs would have traded down or drafted Provorov apparently.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Arizona doesn’t take on salary for teams. They take on cap hit. Pronger, Datsyuk, Bolland and Hossa never played a game. All LTIR. Arizona paid almost no actual cash for any of them.

Lucic is a completely different story.

The problem with Lucic is he’s owed that money. I don’t know how his contract is structured, but Hosea, datsyuk, bolland, pronger - all were insirance paid.

Sekera is on LTIR and his contract is being paid by insurance?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad