Value of: Dylan Strome

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Not that he is currently up for grabs, but I want to gage the value now and then revisit this come TDL.. He may be someone we move then depending on our standings and his growth in the NHL.

Keep in mind a lot of poster will have vastly different views on his value because some will view him as a bust (which he very well could end up). Try to be civil about it.

Edit: I should probably elaborate.. If your team were interested because you needed a young center with potential, what would you trade for him.

He may be a small piece in a bigger trade but try to be smart about it and explain his value in that trade.

Last edited:

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
I would pay a lot less for him than Zona would want to give him up for and I think that would be the case with most teams.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
I'm not looking at this from a make a deal today kind of thing because he is a mystery box. I just want to see what he would move for today by a fans point of view, then in 5 months, go back and see how his value would compare.

It will be one of those things where looking back I can say "If I were the GM, I should have taken that deal" or "Thank God I never took that deal". Just a for fun retrospect thing.

LeafsBro

34 I 91 I 16
Oct 18, 2011
Barrie, Ontario
What if the Yotes had drafted Marner over Strome? Really makes you think.
I’m so glad Marner was available to us. If you guys had drafted him we prob would’ve chosen Strome. I still think he’s gonna be a really good player though. He was dominant in the AHL last season so I’m curious what a full NHL season will look like.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Strome for Pool Party+

Just kidding, Arizona keeps strome. At this point, I can’t see them getting any kind of value for them. Ideally it would be one under achieving prospect for another, someone like his brother+

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Strome for Pool Party+

Just kidding, Arizona keeps strome. At this point, I can’t see them getting any kind of value for them. Ideally it would be one under achieving prospect for another, someone like his brother+

I think I mixed the brothers up in my head.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Wasn't impressed with his game last night.. haven't seen much of him. He should get a lot more than a 2nd for sure. I wouldn't trade Yamamoto for him though..

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
I’m so glad Marner was available to us. If you guys had drafted him we prob would’ve chosen Strome. I still think he’s gonna be a really good player though. He was dominant in the AHL last season so I’m curious what a full NHL season will look like.

I thought Leafs were also high on Provorov? I didn't think they had any intentions on selecting Strome, even if he were available to them. I could be wrong though.

Mar 26, 2010
Strome isn’t worth anything. At this point, I’d be happy with a 2nd.
Yeah, He did not work out as planned. Really not great for the Yotes?

Is is safe to say he is a bust?

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
This thread is way too harsh. I think Strome still has a shot to be a top 6 guy. I always had some issues with him as a prospect but he still has elite hockey sense. He's still worth a mid-1st.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad