Proposal: Dylan Strome to WPG

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
I think Philly would just hold onto Patrick for now, rather than trade him for a lack lustre return.

I'm not sure I would consider the 10th pick in this year's draft to be a "lackluster return"

They would have the chance to land a solid young player there who will be just starting their ELC, whereas Patrick will be due for a raise next year...

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
I'm not sure I would consider the 10th pick in this year's draft to be a "lackluster return"

They would have the chance to land a solid young player there who will be just starting their ELC, whereas Patrick will be due for a raise next year...
Yes, 10OA would be a great return for Patrick, it's just there is zero chance Winnipeg offers that.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Yes, 10OA would be a great return for Patrick, it's just there is zero chance Winnipeg offers that.

I disagree...

If the Jets could bring in Strome and Patrick at the cost of #10 and #40, I think they would gladly take that

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
3way deal...

Jets out: #10, #40
Jets in: Strome, Patrick

Flyers out: #26, Patrick
Flyers in: #10

Hawks out: Strome
Hawks in: #26, #40

Jets land a couple of young centers with upside... one of which is from Winnipeg

Flyers get the 10th pick in a strong draft

Hawks get a 1st and a 2nd to help restock their system
If we get Strome, why do we need Patrick?
Plus, with Nolan’s injury history, I am not overly willing to take the risk.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Jets need one centre, not two. The only centre they need is a 2C......Jets have multi bottom six centre already

I don't share that line of thinking that you should limit your roster to only 2 top 6 quality centers...

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
I disagree...

If the Jets could bring in Strome and Patrick at the cost of #10 and #40, I think they would gladly take that
You can believe what you want, but Jet fans know Winnipeg's management group fairly well and 10OA wouldn't be on the table for that return.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
You can believe what you want, but Jet fans know Winnipeg's management group fairly well and 10OA wouldn't be on the table for that return.

Though I did say I think the Jets would make that deal, I'm not here pushing what I think Winnipeg's management should or would do, I'm sharing what my strategy would look like...

Reactions: Snowman

PegJets1

Feb 24, 2020
Right now Chevy is acutely aware of how soft and easy to play against the team was against Calgary so I don't think Strome will be at the top of Chevy's wish list this offseason...

Not saying it won't happen, but it would be after all other options fail and for a price that is lower then the hawks would want.

I could see the Hawks wanting Copp to play in their bottom 6 so maybe Strome for Copp and #40.

As a Jets fan I would still prefer the Jets pursue other options.

Reactions: BatVader

thesaadfather

Kneel Before Saad!
Jan 30, 2014
Ohio
Right now Chevy is acutely aware of how soft and easy to play against the team was against Calgary so I don't think Strome will be at the top of Chevy's wish list this offseason...

Not saying it won't happen, but it would be after all other options fail and for a price that is lower then the hawks would want.

I could see the Hawks wanting Copp to play in their bottom 6 so maybe Strome for Copp and #40.

As a Jets fan I would still prefer the Jets pursue other options.
I think I speak for most Hawk fans when I say that would be an incredibly disappointing return.

Bigfish

Oct 12, 2016

Yea, Chevy will wait until the next trade deadline so he can trade away another first rounder for a rental.
Chevy likes to do his 2nd line center shopping when prices are at there highest.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd
Nov 24, 2006
Yea, Chevy will wait until the next trade deadline so he can trade away another first rounder for a rental.
Chevy likes to do his 2nd line center shopping when prices are at there highest.
I'm hopeful he won't, and don't think he will. He blew his 1st rounders in two years. I hope he learned his lesson.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
3way deal...

Jets out: #10, #40
Jets in: Strome, Patrick

Flyers out: #26, Patrick
Flyers in: #10

Hawks out: Strome
Hawks in: #26, #40

Jets land a couple of young centers with upside... one of which is from Winnipeg

Flyers get the 10th pick in a strong draft

Hawks get a 1st and a 2nd to help restock their system

Patrick isn't close to worth that. Being from Winnipeg is completely irrelevant. He is a big risk.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I disagree...

No, they wouldn't. Not even close. Not interested in Patrick at all. Sorry. Too much risk. Philly needs to keep him and he rebounds.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad