Recalled/Assigned: Dylan Strome Recalled (Recalled again 3/20)

BOGO

Oct 20, 2017
All joking aside, the Runners have 4 games in the next 6 days, they could probably use Strome. By contrast the Coyotes have two meaningless games against Buffalo and Florida on a road trip during that same time span. My bet is that Flipper goes on the IR since he did not play yesterday.

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine

Not ideal, wonder what's wrong with Demers, the d-core was really starting to gel and OEL was playing like the old OEL as of late.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
All joking aside, the Runners have 4 games in the next 6 days, they could probably use Strome. By contrast the Coyotes have two meaningless games against Buffalo and Florida on a road trip during that same time span. My bet is that Flipper goes on the IR since he did not play yesterday.

He could play all 10 remaining Coyotes games and still be back down in Tucson in time to play their final three regular season games and all of their playoff games. That might not be the best thing for Tucson but it's probably the best thing for Dylan Strome and for the Coyotes. This minor-league parent-club relationship is a delicate balance. I think it would be okay to keep him up with the big club for at least a half dozen game tryout and then send him back for the playoffs. Tucson will survive.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
I don't think it really matters so much for Tucson what place they're in as long as they make it in. As recently as a week ago it didn't seem to be a slam dunk that Tucson would qualify, but they've gained 5 points on 5th place Stockton in the last 3 games, so now it's a good bet they won't screw that up in the 8 games or so that Strome will be missing. Plus he gets to come back down having spent two weeks playing at NHL speed hopefully.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Too bad Strome has only had 3 points in the last month. I haven't watched him play so hopefully they don't tell the whole story but stats wise the kid really seems to be regressing

BOGO

Oct 20, 2017
Admittedly I do not know much about the dynamics on the Runners, but losing Flipper, Strome and Murphy does not help them I would think. I know they can be sent back down for the end of the season and the playoffs, but I just question the value in these moves at this time. Hopefully it makes more sense after the fact than it does up front.

One thing I do agree is that this is a huge tryout for Strome at the NHL level. If he does not show something in this stint, he might downgraded to project from prospect.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Demers out for the rest of the season? He was jumping all over the place after the Flames game.

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
Strome was always to have an audition before season's end. Chayka hinted so. Then will go back to Tucson for the playoffs.

The franchise needs to see where he is at. Personally I am curious to see how Tocchet will handle him this time around, now that he has himself adjusted/changed his own tone from the start of the season.

I am expecting a much more encouraging/supporting use of Strome from him. And if this is the case, this could be the most important few games of Strome career.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad