Proposal: Dylan Strome for Kunin + 1st

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Kunin + lower of Minnesota’s 2 1st next year.
Minnesota gets a 23 year old center. Chicago get’s a little bit of cap help, a 1st, and Kunin who, admittedly, hurts to give up. Kunin has real leadership potential and 20 goal, 50 point RW potential. Thoughts?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Trade MN's only RHS wing? Why not replace Kunin with Greenway? He probably has as much value, if not more.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
I don’t think he has as much value and this would effectively make Bjugstad a RW

Completely forgot Bjugstad shoots right. Yeah, Kunin needs to go now. This team isn't allowed to have more than 2 right-handed forwards at a time.

On topic though, I don't think Greenway + 1st is enough. Strome seems to be undervalued in a lot of proposals.

Reactions: Sota Popinski

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
It's not that Greenway is all that valuable, though i think teams are intrigued by his unique skillset. I just don't think that Kunin is all that desirable either. He is the very definition of a tweener. Average speed, average size, average scoring, a bit of grit, but nothing that stands out.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Kunin + lower of Minnesota’s 2 1st next year.
Minnesota gets a 23 year old center. Chicago get’s a little bit of cap help, a 1st, and Kunin who, admittedly, hurts to give up. Kunin has real leadership potential and 20 goal, 50 point RW potential. Thoughts?

Strome is not worth anywhere near that.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I would be interested in how much of Strome's production is a product of Debrincat/Kane.

I'd also be weary about moving any firsts until more moves are made that bring in more NHL talent. We could be looking at lottery picks for the next couple years, and even though Pittsburgh's pick likely won't be lottery, I'm still weary about moving it given how sparse top end talent is in our organization.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Besides top 6 C what are needs of Wild?

Hawks could always send someone like Caggiula (RFA) or Nylander up to Wild in a expended deal if you need a winger for instance or a guy like Dennis Gilbert (Young LHD played a bit with Hawks last year) who is blocked by Hawks LD depth on NHL roster and increasingly in minors

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Besides top 6 C what are needs of Wild?

Well, if you wanna get loose about it, we could use a top 6 right handed winger too.

Bottom pair D could stand to be upgraded but thats not pressing.

Goaltending needs to improve but in theory that's what Kahkonen is for.

At this point I think Guerin is more focused on change than improving what we have. I don't think anyone is unavailable for the right return and I don't think Guerin is against trading for any position if he likes that option better than what we have.

I can't really see us going out and collecting more defensemen, but I could be wrong there too.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I would be interested in how much of Strome's production is a product of Debrincat/Kane.

I'd also be weary about moving any firsts until more moves are made that bring in more NHL talent. We could be looking at lottery picks for the next couple years, and even though Pittsburgh's pick likely won't be lottery, I'm still weary about moving it given how sparse top end talent is in our organization.

Probably a lot, but he can be a product of Fiala/Kaprizov for us.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Probably a lot, but he can be a product of Fiala/Kaprizov for us.

Maybe, but if he's a 50 point player as a product of our wingers, I don't know if I would trade a 1st for him on top of someone who could be a 40 point winger without either Kaprizov or Fiala.

I understand the need for centers, but that one doesn't sit well with me.

If Strome could be acquired for Greenway+prospect/2nd then sure.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Not an ELC anymore.

Sounds like you have dislike for Strome.

On ELC, just finishing ELC...the samething.

Strome ishighly pumped up by Chicago thst any new team acquiring him better do good diligence because he reminds me of a used car that Falls apart once off the lot.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
On ELC, just finishing ELC...the samething.

Strome ishighly pumped up by Chicago thst any new team acquiring him better do good diligence because he reminds me of a used car that Falls apart once off the lot.

Salary cap-wise, it very much isn't.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad