Dylan Strome Appreciation Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I need a gif of Kubalik stealing Strome’s money stat.

upload_2020-2-19_22-57-8.gif

Hawkey

Sep 15, 2005
I can’t believe what some are thinking Strome can return in a trade.

No way he returns a 12-20 pick or A level prospect. He looks terrible right now.

At least the Hawks aren’t going to have pony up much for his extension.

Reactions: BrianE

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I thought Strome looked good in the first half of the game. No one looked good after that.
Agreed. I noticed he was skating a lot better the last two games. The ankle must not have been 100% yet. A lot of these guys are going to pile up points in March.

Don't get me wrong, I like Strome. If Lehner isn't returning, it shouldn't be much of an issue to fit him into the cap anymore. I'd stick him between Kane and Saad next year. If he continues to not score, it's only good for the Hawks in being able to keep him. I don't think he and Cat are going to be this useless next year.

Reactions: TPOEJ6489

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
Agreed. I noticed he was skating a lot better the last two games. The ankle must not have been 100% yet. A lot of these guys are going to pile up points in March.

Don't get me wrong, I like Strome. If Lehner isn't returning, it shouldn't be much of an issue to fit him into the cap anymore. I'd stick him between Kane and Saad next year. If he continues to not score, it's only good for the Hawks in being able to keep him. I don't think he and Cat are going to be this useless next year.

Oh they will totally pile up points in March when they get to play against other teams' backup goalies, 7th Ds and 13th Fs as other teams focus their energy on divisional rivals and jockeying for playoff spots.

In general, though not tonight, they play well against flawed teams because they have some very decent players. But as a whole it's just not enough.

And all the angst aside, they're pretty much where non-Hawks beat analysts predicted they would be. The word going into this season was good forward group, bad D. And I mean you can quibble about Cat and Strome's season but it's made up for with good seasons from Kubalik and Saad.

So the real difference the defence and it is going to take a couple of years even with the best case scenario.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I loved seeing him make that play behind the net on the PP. Thought he did that several times when the PP was hot last year and he swapped to that Toews position.

I dont get why it seems theres not elite behind the net play anymore out of enough younger talent. Outside of like Joe Thornton and Henrik Sedin I dont recall many great players at it this past era but Strome has the ability to do so I think if they push for him to be there more.

Reactions: KWP

KWP

Aug 18, 2018
The Nearest Gin Joint
Will say - credit where due - Strome made good plays last night, the bang bang PP feed from behind the net for Saadr's finish. Beauty.

That said, the "generational ..." gag for me more than gone stale, worn out, now very lame. Guy's big enough to use his size but plays "smaller" than DCat - and by quite a bit, too.

Strome pulling up after entering the zone - and looking to pass - a sure bet as KoekKoek's next unforced penalty. Those two events seem inevitable as death & taxes (please s'cuze - working on the latter today.) Comparison sake, Saad has a stride crossing the blue line, he drives the net like a champ (not that he ever finishes but ... making the point.)

Also, will say I actually saw Strome engaged in a board battle tho only half-assed and bailed on it, and he did win some FOs. Again - credit where due and trying my best to.

And yeah, Strome's ankle prolly lingering but not as if every NHLer this time of year not dealing w/ his own aches pains bruises ...

Thanks if read to here ... Admit I am in b*tching mode today. Was being unrealistic about making a post season run at it but JFC it just didn't happen - again.
3 years in a row now ...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->