Dylan Strome Appreciation Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Dylan Strome ranks 29th in the league for PPG among centers. That's a 1C, boys and girls.
Make it 28, there is some random Bruin who has 1pt in 1 game.

It’s probably even higher when you knock out guys like JT Miller who NHL.com lists as a center.

However, why is Ryan Strome ahead of Dylan? Not even the most generational in his own family :sarcasm:

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Some more Stromer facts:

-Dylan Strome ranks 14th in the entire league for GA/60 (10th among forwards). So for those that say Strome sucks defensively, the stats prove that he prevents goals when he's on the ice. Only 13 other players do it better than him.

-Dylan Strome's GF/60 is tied with Patrik Laine.

-Dylan Strome's Goal Differential per 60 puts him at 9th in the entire league, right above Nathan MacKinnon.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Some more Stromer facts:

-Dylan Strome ranks 14th in the entire league for GA/60 (10th among forwards). So for those that say Strome sucks defensively, the stats prove that he prevents goals when he's on the ice. Only 13 other players do it better than him.

-Dylan Strome's GF/60 is tied with Patrik Laine.

-Dylan Strome's Goal Differential per 60 puts him at 9th in the entire league, right above Nathan MacKinnon.

He should be on the PK then

Reactions: cobra427

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Just looked myself at some statistics for him after seeing Musto's posts.

Since 11/25/2018 (aka the day he was traded here; stats from NHL.com)
  • 31st in PPG for centers, should be 30 if not for a Bruin who had an assist in his single game
  • 30th in Plus/minus for centers
  • 19th in even strength points for centers
  • 39th in PP points for centers
  • 62nd in TOI per game for centers

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
I think Strome needs to shoot more. His shot is underrated. Since being traded to the Hawks, he's been shooting over 16% His shooting %, which people marked for regression in 19-20, has actually increased this season.

Divert to Kane-Cat syndrome.

How many times do teams have that lines number where they give Strome the shot, take the passing lanes and block the pass to head the other way?

The same goes for the dump in, either Kane or Cat retrieves then the second guy who is supposed to be around the boards can't get it done.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Divert to Kane-Cat syndrome.

How many times do teams have that lines number where they give Strome the shot, take the passing lanes and block the pass to head the other way?

The same goes for the dump in, either Kane or Cat retrieves then the second guy who is supposed to be around the boards can't get it done.
Strome's shooting percentage is on par with the strongest goal scorers in the NHL. It's at 17.6%, which is only 1% worse than McDavid.

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
Not sure if this is the right thread, is there a stats thread/scoring thread? So NHL.com added a number of stats to their database and it's kind of interesting.

Dylan Strome leads the Hawks in points per 60 this year in 5v5. That's a bit surprising. Also, Dach is a top 6 player scoring wise and Nylander is better than expected and flipping Nylander and DeBrincat is actually not insane based on these stats in 5v5 play.

1. Strome 2.39
2. Kane 2.12
3. Saad 2.06
4. DeBrincat 1.88
5. Toews 1.85
6. Dach 1.72
7. Nylander 1.63
8. Caggiula 1.53
9. Kubalik 1.52
10. Shaw 1.41

Goals per 60 (5 v 5)

1. Caggiula 1.15
2. Kane 1.06
3. Kubalik 1.01
4. Saad .96
5. Dach .95
6. Nylander .65
7. Kampf, Strome .6
9. Boqvist .48
10. Shaw, Toews .4
12. DeBrincat .38

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Just my opinion: Strome is a 60-75 point player since coming to the Hawks. He has an outside chance to peak at 85ish points.

Strome is still producing at a 60 point pace despite all of the offensive woes of the Hawks this season. Last season after the trade, he produced at a 72 point pace. Overall, he's on a 68 point pace since the trade.

He absolutely should be re-signed unless the Hawks pick 2nd and draft Byfield.

Last edited:
Reactions: d rake

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Just my opinion: Strome is a 60-75 point player since coming to the Hawks. He has an outside chance to peak at 85ish points.

Strome is still producing at a 60 point pace despite all of the offensive woes of the Hawks this season. Last season after the trade, he produced at a 72 point pace. Overall, he's on a 68 point pace since the trade.

He absolutely should be re-signed unless the Hawks pick 2nd and draft Byfield.
Sixty point centers can very easily become sixty point wingers. The opposite isn’t true. Strome bugs me sometimes with how often he defers and plays such a timid game but the talent is obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad