Dylan "Stromboli" Strome Appreciation Thread 4

Will this thread be shutdown?

• Total voters

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
We actually have some semblance of depth with our forwards now so I don't think the actual lines are that important. Aside from DeBrincat and Kane being our main scoring line, seems like the rest of these guys are going to slot in wherever they're asked to be and keep working hard. Personally wouldn't get too caught up in it.

As far as Boqvist/Beaudin...don't think it's too much of a stretch to think they're going to be rotating with eachother frequently throughout the rest of the season. They're both young, promising, players but there's not enough room for them unless you want to scratch/trade CdH.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
We actually have some semblance of depth with our forwards now so I don't think the actual lines are that important. Aside from DeBrincat and Kane being our main scoring line, seems like the rest of these guys are going to slot in wherever they're asked to be and keep working hard. Personally wouldn't get too caught up in it.

As far as Boqvist/Beaudin...don't think it's too much of a stretch to think they're going to be rotating with eachother frequently throughout the rest of the season. They're both young, promising, players but there's not enough room for them unless you want to scratch/trade CdH.

Agree here. I think this is a good take.

All these young guys are going to need to slot up and down the lineup as Dach and Toews return anyway, so developing them to do so now isn’t a bad thing.

Reactions: Pez68

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

Hawks fans here seem to have a hard time appreciating the value of veteran presence on the blue line... and how much that presence is needed with so many kids looking to secure a spot on the roster - kids who need the support from their veteran defensive partners.
This is not a video game folks.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Hawks fans here seem to have a hard time appreciating the value of veteran presence on the blue line... and how much that presence is needed with so many kids looking to secure a spot on the roster - kids who need the support from their veteran defensive partners.

If a veteran sucks ass the way CDH has sucked ass, the kids deserve to be in the lineup, and the "veteran presence" can kindly f*** off to the booth, and make way for someone who can actually play hockey at the NHL level right now.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011

You have: Kieth, Murphy, and Zadorov for vets. You can easily make the lines so that each young dman gets a vet D partner.

Kieth-Boqvist
Mitchell-Zadorov
Murphy-Beaudin

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
Well it's either going to be appreciation or depreciation ... one way or the other Strome is getting the attention he deserves.
My prediction .. this thread stays active until Dylan is traded.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
So Strome did mkt practice today...out inconcusdion protocol...did hevgetbit only last game or a few games back which woukd expkaim his lackluster play?

If it was just not last game but forawhike now he was not 109% healthy (which scrambled brains will do to you) the why did our team doctor not diagnose this earlier after it happened?

If it was only last game he got it when of course doctors off the hook..but if well before last game then he gad no business being in the lineup againstt Carolina ...
Of course his detractors think he has no business being in the lineup even if healthy ....except ygatcwe have seen hom play a lot betterthan the last 6-7 games..so I give him some benefit of the doubt...scrambled brains will of coursexFfext play and his pkay certainly reflects something is wrong...he was never a giidcsjater nut lately itvis atrocious ...worse tgan I have seen before..and he got if to a great start in faceoffs only to recently regress to awfulness than JC tried to limit tge amount of draws he takes..so is a concussion tge cause of his distressed pkay?
It certainly could provide some explanation.
In any case now in concussion protocol.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
So Strome did mkt practice today...out inconcusdion protocol...did hevgetbit only last game or a few games back which woukd expkaim his lackluster play?

If it was just not last game but forawhike now he was not 109% healthy (which scrambled brains will do to you) the why did our team doctor not diagnose this earlier after it happened?

If it was only last game he got it when of course doctors off the hook..but if well before last game then he gad no business being in the lineup againstt Carolina ...
Of course his detractors think he has no business being in the lineup even if healthy ....except ygatcwe have seen hom play a lot betterthan the last 6-7 games..so I give him some benefit of the doubt...scrambled brains will of coursexFfext play and his pkay certainly reflects something is wrong...he was never a giidcsjater nut lately itvis atrocious ...worse tgan I have seen before..and he got if to a great start in faceoffs only to recently regress to awfulness than JC tried to limit tge amount of draws he takes..so is a concussion tge cause of his distressed pkay?
It certainly could provide some explanation.
In any case now in concussion protocol.
English class is needed for you

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Am I remembering correctly that he had at least one concussion last year too?

Correct.
Unfortunately, these issues sometimes do come back even if you can't think of a recent trauma. I fear this may be also be the case for Toews though that's obviously just my take on it.
Sucks for Strome. Wishing him a speedy recovery.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I have to eat crow about the main board posters that said that Strome's production was because he was playing with Kane, Cat or both. It seems they were correct.
I will say that much of Strome's success when he got here was based off a few simple things.

He got a shot in the arm by a team that wanted to give him a chance to play with talent in the top 6. That alone has to motivate anyone.

Yes, he got to play with Cat and Kane at times, but the spark was already lit for him and for the first time in a while he probably felt wanted somewhere. So he got top 6 minutes, with top 6 talent, but sent to a team that made him feel wanted and a part of the future.

But the problem isn't getting to the top or having one good year at production, it is about staying there. Once the honeymoon was over and the pressure to have to DUPLICATE sets in, I think the pressure truly starts to build and some just can't handle it.

I warned against many saying sign him to some 4-5 year deal last year...for this very reason.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I will say that much of Strome's success when he got here was based off a few simple things.

He got a shot in the arm by a team that wanted to give him a chance to play with talent in the top 6. That alone has to motivate anyone.

Yes, he got to play with Cat and Kane at times, but the spark was already lit for him and for the first time in a while he probably felt wanted somewhere. So he got top 6 minutes, with top 6 talent, but sent to a team that made him feel wanted and a part of the future.

But the problem isn't getting to the top or having one good year at production, it is about staying there. Once the honeymoon was over and the pressure to have to DUPLICATE sets in, I think the pressure truly starts to build and some just can't handle it.

I warned against many saying sign him to some 4-5 year deal last year...for this very reason.
Strome's 1st 100 games in a Hawks uni: 81 pts (27+54)

Strome's last 35 games: 16 pts(6+10)

What happened? It looked like he was well on his way to establishing himself last year, but then he got injured and just hasn't been the same guy since. I thought I saw a bit of him being back during the playoffs and then he showed up this year and was bad again.

However, I do wonder if he's pouting again because he's been passed by at least Dach, Suter and Kurashev.

Last edited:

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
Strome's 1st 100 games in a Hawks uni: 81 pts (27+54)

Strome's last 35 games: 16 pts(6+10)

What happened? It looked like he was well on his way to establishing himself last year, but then he got injured and just hasn't been the same guy since. I thought I saw a bit of him being bad during the playoffs and then he showed up this year and was bad again.

However, I do wonder if he's pouting again because he's been passed by at least Dach, Suter and Kurashev.

I don't buy the pouting thing. I think his confidence is shaken and he can feel it all slipping away. He came into the season as the 1C and failed to make it work. Now, he's off the powerplay, out of the top line ... it's not a good place to be.

And if he's now feeling concussion symptoms that just adds to the disappointment.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I don't buy the pouting thing. I think his confidence is shaken and he can feel it all slipping away. He came into the season as the 1C and failed to make it work. Now, he's off the powerplay, out of the top line ... it's not a good place to be.

And if he's now feeling concussion symptoms that just adds to the disappointment.
Because of his limitations at the NHL level, he has to play a gritty skill game vs the pure skill game that he played for the rest of his career. He has some good skill, no doubt.....but he's not going to be successful unless he adds grit to his game. He doesn't have to be Grindy McGrinderson, but going to the dirty areas and putting forth effort to win board battles would be nice.

Last edited:

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
The Athletic posted their new trade board and Dylan Strome is number 7 on it ($): NHL Trade Deadline Big Board: Mattias Ekholm, Jack Eichel and 26 others who could be dealt

7. Dylan Strome, Blackhawks: Let’s start here: The Blackhawks aren’t actively shopping Strome. But teams believe he’s an option for those who are looking for a boost down the middle. “They’ll listen on him,” said an Eastern Conference exec. “If he plays with the right guys, he’s a second-line center.” The Blackhawks listening makes sense. At some point, they’ll have both Jonathan Toews and Kirby Dach at center. The injuries down the middle have also helped the team uncover organizational depth at center, maybe more than they’ve had in a while. All of those factors make Strome one of the better trade options out there.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
The Athletic posted their new trade board and Dylan Strome is number 7 on it ($): NHL Trade Deadline Big Board: Mattias Ekholm, Jack Eichel and 26 others who could be dealt

7. Dylan Strome, Blackhawks: Let’s start here: The Blackhawks aren’t actively shopping Strome. But teams believe he’s an option for those who are looking for a boost down the middle. “They’ll listen on him,” said an Eastern Conference exec. “If he plays with the right guys, he’s a second-line center.” The Blackhawks listening makes sense. At some point, they’ll have both Jonathan Toews and Kirby Dach at center. The injuries down the middle have also helped the team uncover organizational depth at center, maybe more than they’ve had in a while. All of those factors make Strome one of the better trade options out there.
Makes sense

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->