Dylan "Stromboli" Strome Appreciation Thread 4

Will this thread be shutdown?

• Total voters

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
In the words of the great Jonathan Toews, “I mean, he’s trying.”

If he couldn't seize the opportunity with Toews and Dach being out, I think the writing's on the wall with Strome. I was actually pretty encouraged at the beginning of the season but now he's really struggling. You gotta trade him as a project. And I think there may be good fits for him on another team.

Reactions: Geoist and Pertti

goldenbladz1

Feb 11, 2015
His stride is fundamentally flawed. They tried to fix it last season, if you recall. It didn't work out very well. His biggest issue isn't his skating. It's his compete and, IMO, his conditioning. I don't think he trains much. He's flabby like a junior high kid, at a point when he should be almost solid muscle.
I agree Strome doesn't strike as a guy who takes fitness very seriously and that is going to cost him. He doesn't have to go beast mode upper body as he is big enough but got to have stronger legs and core. Only guys like Gretzky and Mario could get away with that and it even cost Mario years off his career.

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
Kind of why I find his upside intriuiging because he's a 45-50 point center with suspect conditioning and a lanky frame that isn't up to snuff for the NHL, but what if he ever improves that and how can he not be anything other than a really good 2C at worst...but at some point maybe this is just what he's going to be for the duration of his career, a decent 3c with bad conditioning/skating and its time to give someone else an opportunity if they feel they cannot win games that matter with him
He's almost 200 games into his NHL career. Almost certainly, he is what he is. No longer a prospect, no longer a project.

His flawed skating, bad conditioning and mediocre motor are unlikely to improve, and his hockey iq isn't ever going to make up for those shortcomings. Before the Hawks lost Dach and Toews, he was probably going to slot as a #3. From the looks of it, by the time they get back, assuming both do, he won't even slot that high.

Njfj

Feb 14, 2015
Been thinking recently that the best case scenario for the Hawks vis-à-vis Strome would be that Seattle accept Seabrook if Strome were attached.

Reactions: Pertti

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Been thinking recently that the best case scenario for the Hawks vis-à-vis Strome would be that Seattle accept Seabrook if Strome were attached.

They can have this bum for free, many are so clueless with how cap and numbers work lol, no one in their right mind would take this deal. Look at Stan the man he lost Teuvo fricking Terravainen to get rid of ONE year of Bickel, with Stan at the helm the only hope of this team going anywhere is if they keep drafting well and the Europe scouts finding guys, he does nothing but make horrendous trades and lose these draft picked players and Europe acquisitions. God help us this upcoming offseason when one or two of these new comers are gone and people making excuses for him...

Last edited:

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
They can have this bum for free, many are so clueless with how cap and numbers work lol, no one in their right mind would take this deal. Look at Stan the man he lost Teuvo fricking Terravainen to get rid of ONE year of Bickel.

Leafs had to trade a first rounder to get rid of one year of Marleau too. I think the contract was around $6M.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
upload_2021-2-20_13-0-24.gif

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Even our Red Dog God has lost patience with Strome..

Red Dog God has spoken to me, he has given us a sign- he said "if after drinking 6 of my glorious off spring and you have to rush to the toilet with explosive diarrhea then Strome MUST be traded"....Okay team, I am on #4, will let you know how it goes...4th one isn't gone doing so smooth...

aab.jpg

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Guessing you’re not referring to Strome
Colliton is making some strange decisions right now. DeHaan has been bad the whole season so keep playing him.

Wallmark has brought nothing to the table. And don’t get me started on the powerplay. Sometimes the easiest lines are the correct ones. Quit trying to outsmart yourself.

Reactions: Njfj

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
Boqvist over Beaudin is puzzling to me, although maybe it's just coz of handedness that the pairs are like this (Bowey being RD).

Happy to see Muprhy back though. Timetable for Carlsson?

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
After a terrible game, coaches often mix things up. Hawks don't play until Tuesday, and have a few practices to experiment. Colliton has also shown he isn't afraid to change things during the game if they're not working, or guys aren't playing well. JC also seems to be trying to find four lines that he can trust. People are reading way too much into this.

Strome at wing is the big one to me. I have a feeling if JC doesn't see what he wants from Strome in the next few days of practice, you will see Strome scratched.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
After a terrible game, coaches often mix things up. Hawks don't play until Tuesday, and have a few practices to experiment. Colliton has also shown he isn't afraid to change things during the game if they're not working, or guys aren't playing well. JC also seems to be trying to find four lines that he can trust. People are reading way too much into this.

Strome at wing is the big one to me. I have a feeling if JC doesn't see what he wants from Strome in the next few days of practice, you will see Strome scratched.
Just my opinion, but I think Strome would do well playing his off wing. He just has to buy into the fact that he's not a center at the NHL level.

Reactions: Njfj

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad