News Article: Dylan Samberg has been injured in a car accident

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
According to the Minnesota State Patrol, Samberg was driving north on Highway 53 when his vehicle struck a Buick that was stopped on the right shoulder and partially in the right lane after hitting a deer. The crash occurred near Caribou Lake Road in Grand Lake Township about 12 miles outside of Duluth around 5:10 p.m. After Samberg struck the Buick, a Ford SUV also hit it.

According to the state patrol, Samberg, 21, of Saginaw, had injuries that were not life-threatening and was treated at the scene.

Winnipeg Jets player, a former Minnesota Duluth Bulldog, injured in crash | The Rink Live

112420.N.DNT.CrashC4.jpg

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Tough break for the SamMan. Hopefully any injuries are minor and he's quickly on the mend, and that goes for the others involved, also. Those accident pix are terrifying.

Last edited:

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Lt. Gordon Shank, public information officer with the state patrol, said the crash remains under investigation, including the exact cause of the injuries, and further details could not be provided Tuesday. Asked if anyone could be charged, he said that will be determined by the appropriate city or county attorney after the investigation is complete.

4 people severely injured in 3-vehicle crash near Pike Lake | Duluth News Tribune

112420.N.DNT.CrashC3.jpg

Reactions: Halberdier

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
That is a confusing article, but it sounds like it was worse for the people who were stopped at the side of the road. Hopefully those people are able to recover and this doesn't affect Dylan's hockey training either. (also I hope it was a fluke accident and not negligence)

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Hope everyone's okay.

Must have bad streetlights out there for an accident like this to happen. Might need to improve the area.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Hope everyone's okay.

Must have bad streetlights out there for an accident like this to happen. Might need to improve the area.
It sounds like it was a rural highway 12 miles outside of Duluth so there probably aren’t any street lights. If the original vehicle was in an accident with a deer and people were hurt likely there were no hazard lights or accident flares marking the scene. A 2nd vehicle hitting the car would also strongly suggest it wasn’t easily visible. Like others hopefully everyone makes a full recovery.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
It sounds like it was a rural highway 12 miles outside of Duluth so there probably aren’t any street lights. If the original vehicle was in an accident with a deer and people were hurt likely there were no hazard lights or accident flares marking the scene. A 2nd vehicle hitting the car would also strongly suggest it wasn’t easily visible. Like others hopefully everyone makes a full recovery.
we don't know.
could have been that.
could have been distracted driving.
could have been many things, but no need for us to jump to any conclusions, good or bad.

thoughts are with the 4 people injured.

Reactions: AlphaLackey

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Hope everyone's okay.

not every city is lit up like Winnipeg is, Duluth is especially dark even in residential neighborhoods.

Reactions: GNP

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
we don't know.
could have been that.
could have been distracted driving.
could have been many things, but no need for us to jump to any conclusions, good or bad.

thoughts are with the 4 people injured.
True, mostly I was going with my own experience. For the 1st part of my career I worked in a rural area and it was about this time of year that I came with in a foot or 2 from blowing into a car half on the highway after dark following an accident. I was totally sober and this was well before anything other than AM/FM radio distracting you.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I'm more worried about his psyche given what we have heard.

It sounds like the people in the car he hit aren't doing very well and that would really shake me up if It was me that hit them.

I hope all are able to pull through and make a full recovery.

Jimmyjets

Oct 22, 2014
i'm simply amazed at the posts that say "i hope he's ready for camp" and "i hope he's ok".
4 people are in critical condition. my god, give your heads a shake.

You're allowed to hope that things work out for everyone involved but this is a hockey site so I think it is alright to post a comment that you hope that our player is OK in a situation like this.

It all really goes without saying. You hope the 4 people in critical condition pull through. You hope Dylan is OK, physically and mentally so that his career isn't derailed before it even starts. You hope no drugs, alcohol or distracted driving were involved and this was just a really unfortunate accident.

You're able to want all those things simultaneously and I don't think you need to come in on your high horse to try disparage someone making a remark about our player and their hope that things work out for him.

We'll obviously agree to disagree on this, but I don't think the fact that there are others that were involved is lost on anyone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad