Dylan Olsen Finds Chemistry and Success in His Panther Debuit (Quotes)

LandofLincoln*

Olsen has good size and plays more of a shutdown role. His skating is good enough to contribute to the offense and get a fair share of assists. He isn't going to carry the puck like Campbell, but I think he can get the Panthers 20A this season. He is more of an at home defenseman, but because skating is not a liability he can move the puck adequately. His upside is that he could become a steady #4 defenseman and plays physical.

Olsen is a better than average hitter and has good size. He is not the best fighter. He isn't a horrible fighter either. Expect one to two fights a season where he sticks up for a teammate. You're not going to catch him starting fights. I think he is capable of putting up 30Pts a season next year and building from there. He has a hard shot, but it needs considerable amount of work before he gets power play time.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
So Olsen has literally walked into the spot we hoped Robak would take. I think it is safe to say we won't resign him or will try to move him (he did already clear waivers though).

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
So Olsen has literally walked into the spot we hoped Robak would take. I think it is safe to say we won't resign him or will try to move him (he did already clear waivers though).

Robak isn't a bad defenseman at all. I'd take him over that poop Tallon signed at the end of the summer. I believe we're all getting too high on Olsen. The kid had a slightly better than average first game as a Panther. He needs to show something that many players on this team have lacked since 2011, consistency. It reveals our desperation to find stability back there. If Olsen is consistent and pairs well with Guddy, then ya, he can stick around.

Last edited:

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
A dman who can manage not to botch simple plays in the back-end is something that is valuable, and Olsen was able to do that in his first game. We'll see how he continues to play, but I liked what I saw. He probably tops as a #5 dman, and there's nothing wrong with that -- having stability on all pairings is great.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Sry to bring it up again, but imagine we didn't waste TJ Brennan?

I'd have nobody to complain about.

Chino Oscar

Jul 22, 2002
West Palm Beach
Robak isn't a bad defenseman at all. I'd take him over that poop Tallon signed at the end of the summer. I believe we're all getting too high on Olsen. The kid had a slightly better than average first game as a Panther. He needs to show something that many players on this team have lacked since 2011, consistency. It reveals our desperation to find stability back there. If Olsen is consistent and pairs well with Guddy, then ya, he can stick around.

Robak was given every opportunity to win a spot on the Panthers roster during the preseason, too bad he played worse (against lesser competition nontheless) than the poop you complain about Tallon signing at the end of the summer. Olsen looked pretty good and should stay with Guddy. I am a hopeless optimist I guess

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad