Waived: Dylan McIlrath (UPDATE: Cleared)

Status
Not open for further replies.

McRanger

Sponsor
Jul 20, 2005
not liking the pick and not liking the player are different.

the pick was mistake. period. supporting the player is irrelevant and seems almost naive to even make that an issue. what exactly does supporting the player have to do with anything ?

where was the "support" for john moore ? young guy learning on the job with loads more talent than mcilrath. where was the patience and support for that kid ? he was shredded here, " dumb as rocks" "cant play defense" right ? i mean, he was blended and served as a smoothie. this place was pitchforks and torches for that kid.

and how bout dan boyle at the end ? wheres the "support" now for girardi ? people here have a take and they share it. are you less of a fan if you dont "support" the player ? weird. very weird how that was part of your argument. i support winning. he didn't help that end much.

the hockey player just isnt very good and in the end, or so it seems at this point, it does appear that the rest of the league agrees with me more than the fanboys here.

end of story.

I think the fundamental difference between the players you listed and McIlrath is that those players were bashed when they were actually playing on the Rangers. In other words they had actually played a game or a hundred games before people spent hours ranting and raving about how they were failures.

That is not how it went with McIlrath. Most people hated the pick but almost no one ever saw him play at Moose Jaw. Most people claimed he wasn't developing, but almost no one ever saw him play for the Whale. People were commenting, and in some cases angrily commenting, without knowing anything about the player. Even today there are some posters who seem like they've never actually watched him play.

And this has been going on for six years. Six year. The lunacy and vitriol of a few posters has made the rest of us into defenders of a pick that most of us, myself included, didn't like in the first place. And now the vitriol has been replaced by some bizarre smugness as if they are telling us stuff we haven't already known for six years.

If you don't see how this whole scenario is an extreme irritation to many posters... I don't know what to tell you.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
only reason i still check it is because i want to know how hes doing in hartford...havent seen a response yet.

I think they should close the topic since it`s old news now.
In addition they use a different topic related to Hartford progression concerning players.
And most importantly that others have different opinion than you @Inferno related to Dylan M. - u don`t need to hate the world so unnecessary for your own good.
Dylan was sent down and he was not NHL ready hence why no NHL teams claimed him - and his NHL career is not over.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
I think the fundamental difference between the players you listed and McIlrath is that those players were bashed when they were actually playing on the Rangers. In other words they had actually played a game or a hundred games before people spent hours ranting and raving about how they were failures.

That is not how it went with McIlrath. Most people hated the pick but almost no one ever saw him play at Moose Jaw. Most people claimed he wasn't developing, but almost no one ever saw him play for the Whale. People were commenting, and in some cases angrily commenting, without knowing anything about the player. Even today there are some posters who seem like they've never actually watched him play.

And this has been going on for six years. Six year. The lunacy and vitriol of a few posters has made the rest of us into defenders of a pick that most of us, myself included, didn't like in the first place. And now the vitriol has been replaced by some bizarre smugness as if they are telling us stuff we haven't already known for six years.

If you don't see how this whole scenario is an extreme irritation to many posters... I don't know what to tell you.

Bingo. Well said.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006

This is a legitimate argument that I agree with when it comes to supporting McIlrath the draft pick. Never mind that it sure looks like the day 1 dissenters have the inside track to being correct, but I digress.

For me, the prevalent and particularly wayward issue on this board was the # of posters that conflated support for McIlrath with hatred for current roster players, the coach, etc. You can have issues with AV's personnel decisions, with Girardi's play, with Holden's play, with (at the time) Dan Boyle's play. All legitimate discussion points. But the narrative, far too often, was the coach was a know nothing dummy for not playing McIlrath over them. That's conflating issues. That echo chamber helped perpetuate a narrative that McIlrath was better than he actually was.

lilphildub

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2009
Honestly for all the crap ODC has taken over the years for telling it how it is regarding Dylan, I have no problem if he gloats a bit and throws it in our faces. Everyone had no problem attacking him when most people were holding onto hope of him becoming a top 4 Dman and when Mc played well for a short stint. Now he's in the AHL and people are changing their tune to "well you've always been a Mc hater and wanted him to fail". No he's just had a strong opinion about Mc not being a good defenseman and so far he's right.

Let him have his day in the sun. We'll have our day if Mc comes back and becomes a mainstay NHL player :nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad