Injury Report: Dylan McIlrath "out a couple weeks" per NYR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
For the love of all that is holy, 'rest' Girardi and play McIlrath with Yandle

Not to single you out silver but how long is it going to take for people to realize this is not happening, everyday it's the same complaint around here, even though its been explained over and over......

People talk about AV doing something over and over and the definition of insanity etc etc etc, some posters around here need to take some of their own advice

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Not to single you out silver but how long is it going to take for people to realize this is not happening, everyday it's the same complaint around here, even though its been explained over and over......

People talk about AV doing something over and over and the definition of insanity etc etc etc, some posters around here need to take some of their own advice

Because we all know how this works.

From HF bandwidth to AV's ears ;)

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Because we all know how this works.

From HF bandwidth to AV's ears ;)

Imagine we had a coach that would listen to everything the fans say he would be absolutely blasted for having no spine, but fans would have things to complain about and the cycle continues.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013

it's been "explained" but it's a bad explanation.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
The reports in today's paper are very good. Hopefully he is back to 100% soon.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Sounds like Dylan may be practicing today with contact. Rotating with Boyle.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
If anyone sits for McIlrath it will be Boyle. He's the oldest, smallest, weakest on the puck. He's an afterthought as a penalty killer--which I suppose is better than not even being an afterthought on the penalty kill...like Yandle is but even so.....

Klein pk's very well---Girardi is good at it.....McIlrath might be good at it but we haven't seen a lot of him on the pk because he doesn't seem to altogether have AV's trust.....yet. And now is a little bit late in the season to be experimenting at least if you don't have to.

......and in any given game it's a really good idea to have two left D and two right D to use on your penalty kill. That should be understood as a given--it's not rocket science though it seems to me a lot of posters here don't always think a lot about that. Boyle on the penalty kill makes me cringe more than any other D that gets to do that.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Dylan should play with Yandle. I think Yandle played his best hockey knowing Dylan would always be back on defense.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Dylan should play with Yandle. I think Yandle played his best hockey knowing Dylan would always be back on defense.

They did look fantastic together for that 10 game stretch, but then it gets tough figuring out what to do with the rest of the pairings.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Yeah, it would leave Staal-Girardi as the 3rd pairing.

black-guy-gif-star-trek.gif

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
In those games, the edge and grit were evident. McIlrath — nicknamed “The Undertaker” in juniors — delivered some booming hits, among the more memorable to Nick Schultz of the Flyers and Tom Kuhnackl of the Penguins, and scrapped with the Bruins’ Matt Beleskey, the Flyers’ Luke Schenn and the Blue Jackets’ Jared Boll. He also scored two goals and had an assist, and improved defensively — in 21 of his last 23 games, he had a plus-minus of even or better.
http://www.newsday.com/sports/hocke...s-knee-scare-could-have-been-worse-1.11610903

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Don't think he plays again this year unless someone goes down with an injury. I can't imagine AV trusts him to play in the playoffs.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Don't think he plays again this year unless someone goes down with an injury. I can't imagine AV trusts him to play in the playoffs.

I think it really depends on circumstances. If we are playing well AV does not make many changes. If we are getting bullied and losing then Dylan may play.

mrmel329

Feb 28, 2013
Hope dylan gets a game soon before the season ends so he's not totally cold if he's needed in the playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->