Dylan Larkin looks good so far

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
if AA didn't want to return he would have requested a trade during the offseason

he's real good friends with Mantha and Larkin according to some interviews

I think he stays, though its less certain than Mantha/Larkin. I saw the interview where Mantha and Larkin said they hope to play here together for 10,12,14 years. I have no doubt they'll be here long term.

Obe2kenobe

Mar 23, 2014
U.P.
Overtime we can rename it. I honestly still doubt AA is here long-term.

But them staying together is up to them. More games like the one against the Coyotes and they are not getting ripped apart.

The other part that is key is we need other lines occasionally being good. Part of the reason Datsyuk and Zetterberg had trouble staying together even though every single off-season Babs would say that was his plan is we need more than one line going. We need Nyquist and Tatar to mesh with Zetterberg and they should. But we need at least a couple lines going and I hope the Language and Lit line (somebody will get where I am pulling this from, this one is way too nerdy to win out) stays together long enough to come up with something other than the Kid line.

Language and Lit line? Mantha being he speaks French for the language. And for Andreas. Lit for Larkin being he studied Literature at U of M? Did I get it TZE?

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Larkin has learned to slow the game down when they backoff too much. He also has had better shot selection thus far in my opinion. He is reading the game at a much higher level. Professional sports is often about adjustments, teams will adjust to how he is playing now and it should allow him more net drive in response to that as they have to get closer to him on entries. But I am glad he has made adjustments.

When the Wings talk about people working at things and being rink rats and liking their character makeup and a lot of people roll their eyes this is a part of that logic. Dylan Larkin's makeup was that of somebody that was likely to bounce back from his rocky sophomore campaign. This is a key when looking at Rasmussen as well, in terms of having an elite ability/attribute at something and what adjustments they make to play off that and grow as hockey players.

They are figuring things out, but I love the Kid line, I think it has a legitimate shot at staying together. It has the potential to be a dynamic line. Really happy with a lot of our younger players out of the gate. For me this year is more about a lot of guys individual growth, in particular the young guys and if that line can stay together and be a legitimate top 6 line in the NHL for the duration of the campaign that is a huge thing for this organization moving forward.

I'm here and rolling my eyes, no worries.

I expected this, to be honest, Larkin had a nasty sophomore slump, it happens to most nongenerational talents. His underlying numbers at the world juniors, college, and his brief stint in Grand Rapids made it apparent that this was a potential first line calibre player. I had no doubt he'd have a stronger showing this season. It's still early, but this guy is really good at hockey, and that's the main thing.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
AA, Mantha and Larkin don't have cool initialism like the FML line did. MAL, LAM, ALM

You're the kid line until you did something to acquire a different name.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Mantha doesn't hit hard enough. Could be "Thunder and Lightning" if he were a thumper.

A2M?

Larkin - A2 for Ann Arbor
AA - self explanatory
Mantha - AM?

Or maybe even just A-A-M?

I got it. Red Dawn. A symbolic way of calling them the Kid Line without the word. The "Wolverines" call reference Michigan, and the three are apparently off-ice best buddies. Plus, they're on the Red Wings.

TheMule93

May 26, 2015
Ontario
AA-DL-AM ---- > DA LAMA = THE LLAMA

I give up, nothing works. Someone find their middle names, we need more letters.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
The floater, the holdout, and the golden boy

Could figure out a reference to 90s kids since they're all born in the mid 90s.
The Rugrats? Like that more than the kid line Ant?

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
You really need to rethink this one brother!

Lol. I am naive. I did not see that until just now.

E: However, if Mantha really doesn't want to be the kid line, they can find some line name that works or they get stuck with that.

Last edited:

TheMule93

May 26, 2015
Ontario
AA = battery

This leaves us with the letters DLAM

Any chemists our there know of a salt that from element using those those letters?

Then we could have an 'assault and battery' line

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
AA = battery

This leaves us with the letters DLAM

Any chemists our there know of a salt that from element using those those letters?

Then we could have an 'assault and battery' line

AA probably won't be here long term.

So what about just DM... it goes down in the DM's? lol, I don't know. Reaching.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
First Frk slid into the DMs now AA is.

Something really unsettling about that phrasing though.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
I got one boys;
Hold on to your hats.
Ready?

The Kid line.
Because they're all kids. Get it?

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
LMA.....O? I got nothing

MLA is the Modern Language Association. Mantha Larkin Athanasiou. For people who have done a lot of research papers most of them are done MLA or Chicago Style. MLA means Language and Literature. Like I said too nerdy to go with. But instead of just the standard three last name code, I felt like throwing out there Language and Lit. It does help that one of the guys (the most talented) has a different 1st language.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Mantha doesn't hit hard enough. Could be "Thunder and Lightning" if he were a thumper.

A2M?

Larkin - A2 for Ann Arbor
AA - self explanatory
Mantha - AM?

Or maybe even just A-A-M?

I got it. Red Dawn. A symbolic way of calling them the Kid Line without the word. The "Wolverines" call reference Michigan, and the three are apparently off-ice best buddies. Plus, they're on the Red Wings.
You really need to rethink this one brother!

Yeah lets be careful here. I mean we hope they are all money, but that is too easy for competitors to have fun with. Though if the entire LCA started chanting to A2M I might die of laughter, so it seems worth it...

Reactions: TheMule93

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
How about "The Man, The Boss , and the greedy floater who only cares about money, himself, and hates the team' line.

It's short, elegant, and has a natural ring to it.

Or The man, the boss and the rocket line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad