Dylan Larkin looks good so far

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Dylan Larkin 10 Goals 14 Assists 24 Points in 28 NHL games this year. Almost a point per game player. Not too shabby for our future captain.

But no, he hasn't shown enough to be the captain of such a great team as the Red Wings! Why is it some forgone conclusion that he'll get the C :sarcasm:.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
But no, he hasn't shown enough to be the captain of such a great team as the Red Wings! Why is it some forgone conclusion that he'll get the C :sarcasm:.
Because we don't have a superstar on the team that's why. Btw AA should be playing in the AHL.:sarcasm:

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Jul 6, 2012
Because we don't have a superstar on the team that's why. Btw AA should be playing in the AHL.:sarcasm:

See, I’ve never said that tho. I said AA should be traded because he was a headache. I was proven wrong because he pulled his head out of his ass and has been playing great hockey this year.

I was of the opinion if all he would ever be was a 35-40 point winger, he’s not worth the headache he was. He is certainly playing at a far higher level than that now.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Jul 6, 2012
Meanwhile a team like Toronto has no captain NOT WORRIED about the topic and has at LEAST 3 players better than Larkin. But hey he's earned the captaincy already for sure bros.Yzerman 2.0

Nobody besides you in Detroit is worried about it. Larkin isn’t the Captain right now. If they dropped the C on him tomorrow, yeah, it would be premature. But there is nothing about his growth that remotely hints he won’t be a worthy captain.

And nobody in Toronto cares because they have bigger cap crunch planning to do. Also, the stories that kept coming out in the playoff loss aftermath show that Auston Matthews grated on Babcock so he wasn’t very likely to be the captain. Marner lost his trust early. Tavares might have a claim to it, but he’s also the new guy.

And it’s just the way Detroit uses Larkin, the stuff that he does with team USA and that he’s starting to become the face of the team to the media. That the team is starting to gel around his play style of reckless abandon.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Nobody besides you in Detroit is worried about it. Larkin isn’t the Captain right now. If they dropped the C on him tomorrow, yeah, it would be premature. But there is nothing about his growth that remotely hints he won’t be a worthy captain.

And nobody in Toronto cares because they have bigger cap crunch planning to do. Also, the stories that kept coming out in the playoff loss aftermath show that Auston Matthews grated on Babcock so he wasn’t very likely to be the captain. Marner lost his trust early. Tavares might have a claim to it, but he’s also the new guy.

And it’s just the way Detroit uses Larkin, the stuff that he does with team USA and that he’s starting to become the face of the team to the media. That the team is starting to gel around his play style of reckless abandon.
Are we on the fence now? Who's been saying this for months?

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Meanwhile a team like Toronto has no captain NOT WORRIED about the topic and has at LEAST 3 players better than Larkin. But hey he's earned the captaincy already for sure bros.Yzerman 2.0
The thing here is that your captain doesn't have to be your best player. Larkin is our best player right now. He's got a feel-good hometown story, and he looks like a good leader that can do it by example but also gets the most out of his teammates. He plays the right way and coaches love him. Checks all of the captain boxes for me and there's no one else who does.

I don't know Marner's personality but Matthews supposedly butts heads with Babs and management, and Tavares just walked onto the team. Nylander sat out half the year. None of those guys are obvious captains even if they're better than Larkin.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Honestly, Larkin looks like a Top 10 Center to me, right now! Point a game, while being outstanding defensively right now, and driving the play most nights. He is reminding me plenty of Zetterberg right now, with his excellent play and effort both sides of the puck, as well as that little extra boost of effort when the play seems dead around him.

Reactions: Red Stanley

Lil Bert

Oct 14, 2018
^ his effort and balls to the wall work ethic without the puck is like nothing I've seen in the NHL. People coast around all the time while Larkins flying around at 100mph all of the time. Kids a horse. A MOD Clydesdale at that

Last edited by a moderator:

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017
^ his effort and balls to the wall work ethic without the puck is like nothing I've seen in the NHL. People coast around all the time while Larkins flying around at 100mph all of the time. Kids a horse. A MOD Clydesdale at that

and it's awesome that our best player is the hardest grinder on the team as well. We're glad to have him, his intensity might even lead to one or two rivalries, which is something the NHL just lacks

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Lil Bert

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
Defensively his game has been stellar. And despite him not having as much as an offensive explosion like early on he’s still nearly a ppg player.

Obviously he’s a motor guy so he’ll have spurts here and there, but he’s phenomenal.

I expect him to start getting more points here again soon.

If Veleno pans out and continues to grow offensively we’ll have two heart and soul type centers. Not bad.

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
I just read Campbell's piece on Larkin.

73.7 FOW% shorthanded......impressive.

Last edited:

SimonEdvinssonAtSix

It's possible to commit no mistakes and still lose
Nov 2, 2018
Larkin contract looking like a steal year one!
I wonder if Z going on LTIR made Larkin step his game up. Would Larkin have deferred to Z all year and not taken the step he has?
Either way I like this kid a bunch.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
At it again.

I only own three jerseys.

Two Winter Classics - Datsyuk and Zetterberg.

And Fedorov.

I think it may be time to add to that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->