Player Discussion Dylan DeMelo

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
It’s early, but this guy is winning me over. Not flashy in the least but super smart and efficient with the puck. Great body positioning when defending, he knows how to box guys out well and is pretty decent at winning puck battles too. I noticed myself feeling completely confident in holding our zone whenever he was on the ice and Toronto was pressing. I think given how he arrived here, a lot of people myself included were looking for every opportunity to jump on him, but in complete fairness he seems like a really good fit. Low maintainence stabilizer who compliments Chabot extremely well. Boucher said after the game he intends to leave the D pairings together going forward after what he saw tonight. Here’s to more great nights to come hopefully!

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
It's a good start, but that's all it is. There's a reason Sharks fans didn't really like him and that he wasn't qualified by them. He's still 25 and could turn into something good here but I wouldn't put my money on it.

Reactions: danielpalfredsson

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
His play-style is very dependable in that he doesn't make any glaring mistakes defending.
You need players like that to compliment the puck movers.

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
The guys who came over in the EK trade seem like they never had the minutes in SJ because they had a lot of money tied up in others in front of them...maybe our scouting isn't so bad.

Reactions: Tnuoc Alucard

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
the league is full of guys that moved out of a situation where opportunity was limited into a situation where they got more opportunity and blossomed

the entire Vegas team and Karlsson in particular are poster children for this

it was evident when the trade was made that this is what PD was hoping for with Demelo and Tierney

I've got no complaints with either thus far

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Liked him from day 1 here. And now he’s looking more comfortable.
Hopefully the mistakes I read about don’t start creeping in but looks like he’s liking the increased minutes and role here.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Potential is there for sure. Not the first time a so called bottom pairing guy moved up in the lineup (Methot) after a trade. Even if demelo is just a number 4 guy

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Very good at protecting the puck, keeps it simple and make smart plays. He lacks footspeed and overall skill but he plays exactly the way he should to be able to play in the NHL

Too bad Cowen was stubborn and « too proud » because that’s exactly what he should have done after his injuries; adapt his game to his capabilities

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
the league is full of guys that moved out of a situation where opportunity was limited into a situation where they got more opportunity and blossomed

the entire Vegas team and Karlsson in particular are poster children for this

This has definitely got some truth to it. Crazy to think how different Vegas would look if every team was given the chance to redo their protection list.

Reactions: Clayonator

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Very good at protecting the puck, keeps it simple and make smart plays. He lacks footspeed and overall skill but he plays exactly the way he should to be able to play in the NHL

Too bad Cowen was stubborn and « too proud » because that’s exactly what he should have done after his injuries; adapt his game to his capabilities
Him and Lehner,BM told them both to go down but they both thought they were smarter and knew best.....

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Him and Lehner,BM told them both to go down but they both thought they were smarter and knew best.....

Unfortunately those 2 are prime examples of hockey players who thought they were too good too fast. They had a lot of success early in their career and they looked very promising; maybe thought it was in the bag and everything will go their way from there

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Yep for sure ,the kids are pumped and are going all out ...They will tire at some point ,then we will see how the deal with the grind of a long season
this can go two ways...the kids get better as the year goes on or they tire

I kind of expect the team to be a pleasant surprise this season....early indications are that is the case....but the kids tiring in February and March when teams put the playoff push on. That said, 2 game in, it's pretty hard not to be pumped about what we've seen so far....and Brady suits up tomorrow and that should add something else to be pumped about

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
It's a good start, but that's all it is. There's a reason Sharks fans didn't really like him and that he wasn't qualified by them. He's still 25 and could turn into something good here but I wouldn't put my money on it.

Or maybe Sharks fans don't know how to judge good players. It's San Jose. Probably just a bunch of Spicoli's in the crowd.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Or maybe Sharks fans don't know how to judge good players. It's San Jose. Probably just a bunch of Spicoli's in the crowd.

I remember telling Rangers fans that Redden was done and they just thought we were idiots and he just needed a change of scenery.

I will always take their more informed take until enough games have passed to make an objective judgment on my part.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
I remember telling Rangers fans that Redden was done and they just thought we were idiots and he just needed a change of scenery.

I will always take their more informed take until enough games have passed to make an objective judgment on my part.

Ugh Ducks fans and Bobby Ryan also come to mind here..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->