Prospect Info: Dylan Cozens, C/RW, 2019 7th overall, Lethbridge (WHL) --- Signed to ELC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
I don´t think season like this we should call a good one, I imagine a good season differently. He wasn´t ready. He wasn´t strong on the skates, he was outmuscled often and his offensive ability/hockey IQ was mediocre. Yes I saw some positives, his skating or passion for the game. I project him as 2C/3C for the future and it´s not enough compared to Zegras who has PPG player future written all over him. Right now I have Mittelstadt vibes because after great WJC Cozens simply wasn´t ready and we didn´t expect the same thing again. Imo Mitts did a big step ahead this year and surprised me in a positive way instead of Cozens.

And yes you´re right I didn´t like the pick in 2019. In that moment Zegras was an absolute no-brainer for me and I was in shock for a long time they didn´t pick him. Remember it like it was yesterday.
I loved the Cozen pick and love it even more now.Cozens is a guy you win with.He will fill out to about 210 ibs and plays a two way 200 ft game.Whether he plays wing or centre is unknown but his compete level and his leadership qualities make him a no brainer going forward.Zegras is a great player in his own right but will take Cozens all day every day in the playoffs,my opinion of course but love what I see.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Martinez89

May 20, 2019
I´m sorry guys I just expected a little more from him even I know he is a rookie. And mainly I expected more from all team, a lot lot more. Right now is the end of the season and is hard to accept the fact we are dead last in the league. Before the season my expectations were completely different and I wasn´t prepare for this scenario mentally. Now, when the season is over, I finally realized what happened. And next year we could be even worse when I see how our current lineup looks like.

Reactions: Fearnot

BananaSquad

Jun 13, 2013
Niagara
He’s the more natural winger to me than Reinhart ever was. With Eichel, Reinhart and Mittlestadt at Center (with potentially another Center in the draft), this guy should be playing right wing. He dominated the world junior at right wing.

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
I´m sorry guys I just expected a little more from him even I know he is a rookie. And mainly I expected more from all team, a lot lot more. Right now is the end of the season and is hard to accept the fact we are dead last in the league. Before the season my expectations were completely different and I wasn´t prepare for this scenario mentally. Now, when the season is over, I finally realized what happened. And next year we could be even worse when I see how our current lineup looks like.
You do realize we had no goalie when Ullmark went down and Eichel was out pretty much all year? We are also in the toughest division in hockey and of course the Krueger factor was significant. Not making excuses its just what happened. I had some hope when they brought in Hall and Staal as well but the two injuries and the fact that Staal was totally washed up killed them.On a positive note Dahlin and Joker look like they will continue to progress now that Krueger is gone while Mitts looks like a legit NHLer and Reinhart looks great at centre.The kids..Cozens,Asplund,R2,Mitts,Tage,Samuelson, Bryson Borgen ,Murray and Lukkanen all looked good .Not saying all will make it next year as some still need time in Rochester but that some serious talent to go with Eichel,Reinhart Oloffson and Skinner.Hopefully Adams gets a 1B goalie,signs Ullmark, gets some toughness upfront and signs a vet defenceman. With a high pick,2 seconds,Quinn,Peterka, Johnson, Pekar Laaksonen and the young guys I mentioned earlier it will create depth and next year I feel we will take big strides.I think the core is there and hopefully Granato or an experience head coach will put the pieces together and compete next year. There is too much talent not to.Again just my opinion we shall see

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
Yukon't be serious with beating on the workhorse.

The kid went through a hellish 5 months, and landed on a dysfunctional team in a dysfunctional league.

He learned a lot. I think he is better for it. Arguably Jack Quinn had a somewhat "lost" season. Not Dylan. If his future in the league is a dominant 1RW there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Jack/Sam/Casey is ideally our spine as long as they can stay healthy and as long as Reino is back. If Beniers is added to the mix even better.

Reactions: Hasekperreault23

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
I would still like cozens to be in a complementary role next year. I think he still has some learning to do in processing the game at nhl speeds and don't want to overwhelm him. Playing with a guy like Sam could really help.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I would still like cozens to be in a complementary role next year. I think he still has some learning to do in processing the game at nhl speeds and don't want to overwhelm him. Playing with a guy like Sam could really help.
I would love to see a 3rd line built around Mitts/Cozens. It would give two dynamic young players a chance to grow together without a ton of pressure. Asplund would be a good option on the LW.

How viable this idea would be depends on how the offseason plays out.

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
Yukon't be serious with beating on the workhorse.

The kid went through a hellish 5 months, and landed on a dysfunctional team in a dysfunctional league.

He learned a lot. I think he is better for it. Arguably Jack Quinn had a somewhat "lost" season. Not Dylan. If his future in the league is a dominant 1RW there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Jack/Sam/Casey is ideally our spine as long as they can stay healthy and as long as Reino is back. If Beniers is added to the mix even better.
I wouldn't say Quinn had a lost season, as he was dealing with an ailment and still looked pretty good in the minors.

Edit: sorry just don't know what you meant by lost

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Granted, we don't have many captain options but god help us of we really decide cozens is going to drag us out of the basement after fighting twice

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY

OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FB_IMG_1631851925636.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad