Prospect Info: Dylan Cozens, C/RW, 2019 7th overall, Lethbridge (WHL) --- Signed to ELC

Status
Not open for further replies.

lauraP

Aug 4, 2019
Reinhart is a great example as well. I don’t think anyone is saying rush him, if he’s not ready to play Center next year in the NHL, back to the WHL he goes.
I've seen some people say, If he can't be a 2c then don't have him on the team. but it doesn't work like that. not a lot of prospects step in as top 2 Centre. he'll be tried on the wing with one of our centre and if he can play, we'll keep him and then when he's ready we'll insulate him with reinhart/skinner/oloffson/mojo / whoever

BananaSquad

Jun 13, 2013
Niagara
I've seen some people say, If he can't be a 2c then don't have him on the team. but it doesn't work like that. not a lot of prospects step in as top 2 Centre. he'll be tried on the wing with one of our centre and if he can play, we'll keep him and then when he's ready we'll insulate him with reinhart/skinner/oloffson/mojo / whoever
Don’t want him as a top 6 Center next season, but I’d like him as 3C if he’s ready, If not , back to W and team Canada 1C at next years junior tournament.

lauraP

Aug 4, 2019
Don’t want him as a top 6 Center next season, but I’d like him as 3C if he’s ready, If not , back to W and team Canada 1C at next years junior tournament.
He'll break 100 points in the Whl, put some weight on in the summer and make a strong case to be a full timer

Reactions: Mitts888

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Why do so many people want to rush him and have him play center so early on? A ton of high end centers start their career on the wing which i think is super beneficial. Less defensive responsibility and more offensive freedom. Mackinnon is the perfect example of this and look how he turned out....
It didnt help his faceoffs at all

Reactions: Bendium

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
he appears to be back on his bullshit tonight with 3 assists

I thought that lately I've been able to read minds and see into the future, but I wasn't sure. Now that I can also see through the site's profanity filter, I know my special powers are real. As proof, I will predict that there will be a lot of complaining Monday evening after a boring TDL for the Sabres.

Any further information will require a charge.

Kc232

Hi
Aug 12, 2008
3rd line of Thompson - Cozens - Middlestat next year

*takes cover*

but for real, Cozens could have the best PPG avg in the W this year, and I believe his PPG avg from this year would be the best in last years race as well. I really hope he can make the big club next season because another year of W seems redundant.

Bendium

Oct 18, 2019

*takes cover*

but for real, Cozens could have the best PPG avg in the W this year, and I believe his PPG avg from this year would be the best in last years race as well. I really hope he can make the big club next season because another year of W seems redundant.

Thompson is a RW. Would need a playmaker on the other side. Johansson - Cozens - Thompson could work given protected minutes while Cozen's grows into the 3C role. Keep him as far away from Mittelstadt as possible....like Mittelstadt on another team would be far enough maybe.

Reactions: Mitts888

Washed Up 29YearOld

Bro Do You Even Hockey?
Apr 29, 2018
Buffalo NY

*takes cover*

1.23 P/PG last year to 1.68 P/PG this year. Huge improvement as expected and the jump is looking good to project his offense to be even better next year.

Reactions: Chainshot

Orange Fanta

Jun 22, 2016
The only reason i would want him in juniors for another year is if botts fails to get proper support to insulate him into the line-up and properly groom him as a 2c otherwise he'd be a great 3c next year if we had solid top 9 wingers and at least a stop gap 2c.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
The only reason i would want him in juniors for another year is if botts fails to get proper support to insulate him into the line-up and properly groom him as a 2c otherwise he'd be a great 3c next year if we had solid top 9 wingers and at least a stop gap 2c.

You could have just said “I want him back in juniors”

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
I was looking at Mikko Koivu's career and I asked myself:
"Would I be happy if Cozens produces the same?"

Interesting, Koivu didn't start in the NHL until he was 22, and didn't make an impact offensively until the next year.

I wish we could develop all our center prospects (Cozens, Reinhart, Middlestadt, Tage.....not Eichel!) similar to other centers path that came to mind (Derek Roy. Koivu, Larry):

2 years post draft in juniors/NCAA/Europe
1-2 years in AHL.... then NHL

This would so benefit the team.... players and agents on the other hand wouldn't allow it.

Bendium

Oct 18, 2019
On a good team no one is looking for Cozens to make the big club next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad