Prospect Info: Dylan Cozens, C/RW, 2019 7th overall, Lethbridge (WHL) --- Signed to ELC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Now Botterill will read what you write here and also wants to fight for Byfield, maybe we should not? :)

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
That Canada roster is one of the deepest we have had in years.. I cant wait to watch Cozens at center hopefully win a gold.
I would beg to differ. As per usual it's a good roster but I wouldn't say its' particularly deep. I mean two years ago we had Steenbergen(who scored the Gold medal winning goal) and Cale Makar as the extra players. That's deep. This year we have only 3 returning players at camp and 6(seven if you include Daws at Goalie) draft eligible guys vying for a spot(didn't include Lafreniere as he's a lock). Given that Canada usually takes 18+19 year olds outside of the exceptional I would say it's kind of a down year for our depth. Of course that could all change if any of the guys playing pro are released(Dach, Hayton, Veleno, Dobson).

Talent wise its a deep team but talent doesn't always shine through in big games. That's why we take experienced players. Anytime we have to rely on younger guys to be go to players we underperform. IE last year relying on Lafreniere to be one of the main guys if not the main guy. I have no doubts he'll be a force this year though.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

There were a few moments in the first two days of camp when Colorado’s Alex Newhook and Buffalo’s Dylan Cozens made me audibly gasp in Canada’s practice sessions. Then both impressed in game action against the USports All-Stars.

Assistant coach Andre Tourigny was asked after Game 1 what intrigues him about Cozens, and his answer was appropriate.
“I’m not intrigued by him. I like him. Period,” Tourigny said. “He has a lot of speed, he competes really hard, he’s got great hands, and he’s a good kid. I like a lot of things about him.”

Reactions: slip and kummelweck

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
‘Team Canada forward Dylan Cozens is about to put Yukon on the hockey map’
https://www.tsn.ca/team-canada-centre-dylan-cozens-blazes-trail-for-yukon-1.1414695
Cozens playing net-front on the first PP unit. Never done it before, but has a positive attitude about it. He's not on the PK. Does anyone know if he PKs for Lethbridge?

Also

“He's playing so fast,” said assistant coach André Tourigny. “He might've been our best player in the last two practices. He’s really fast and what I like is he’s as fast with the puck as without the puck. He wants to make the difference every time he touches the ice.”
“He’s probably one of the fastest players I've ever played with and practised against,” said Erie Otters defenceman Jamie Drysdale. "It's really incredible what he can do out there and doing that at his top speed. He can make plays, be a threat to burn you wide or deke through you or shoot through you, so when you have all those threats it’s really dangerous.”

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I hope to praise our scouting staff for picking Cozens over Krebs, and making me look dumb.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
I hope to praise our scouting staff for picking Cozens over Krebs, and making me look dumb.
I had cozens at the bottom of that tier he was in, so pretty much anything will exceed expectations.

I was also really high on boldy so I can't talk much, because he's not looking so hot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad