Prospect Info: Dylan Cozens, C/RW, 2019 7th overall, Lethbridge (WHL) --- Signed to ELC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Great to see Cozens working on his game and dominating. Definitely glad he didn’t get thrown to the wolves by being forced into the NHL too soon. Here is hoping he has a great U20’s and continues his development curve into the later part of the season.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Great to see Cozens working on his game and dominating. Definitely glad he didn’t get thrown to the wolves by being forced into the NHL too soon. Here is hoping he has a great U20’s and continues his development curve into the later part of the season.
Where does he fit in for Team Canada? Big role somewhat like Sam did? Small role/depth guy?

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
Strength, mostly, and own-zone play. Typical for an 18 year old forward prospect. Get stronger, pay attention defensively.
That's not true.His 200 ft game was his asset along with size and skating.The knock on him was his IQ which is BS.Was the player I was hoping for at 8.Going to be a dominating power forward once his gets bigger

Asymmetric Solution

Nov 29, 2018
This kid is a stud, I was jumping when we had a chance at him or Zegras. I think Cozens will be ready earlier and the better player than Zegras. Cozens makes the team next year and immediately shores up the top 6.

Skinner-Eichel-Mojo
VO-Cozens-Reinhart
Tage-Asplund-Mitts
Girgs-Larsson-Lazar

Reactions: Dreakon13

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
This kid is a stud, I was jumping when we had a chance at him or Zegras. I think Cozens will be ready earlier and the better player than Zegras. Cozens makes the team next year and immediately shores up the top 6.

Skinner-Eichel-Mojo
VO-Cozens-Reinhart
Tage-Asplund-Mitts
Girgs-Larsson-Lazar

I want to see those top 2 lines now, but Asplund in Cozens place

Reactions: Grinder81

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018

Skinner-Eichel-Mojo
VO-Cozens-Reinhart
Tage-Asplund-Mitts
Girgs-Larsson-Lazar
I wouldn't mind if Botts traded Mitts and defender or one Mitts to get a guy like Tuch or Anderson, then our lines would look even more interesting and we would have a more physical team.

Reactions: Buffalo Norsemen

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
1 +2 tonight in a 4-1 win. 11 shots on goal.

One game later, 10 shots on goal, picks up 0+1 (5v5 primary assist) in a 4-3 SO loss.

These SOG numbers are pretty bat shit crazy. You have to be all over the offensive zone to get 21 shots in 2 games.

Reactions: Chainshot

lauraP

Aug 4, 2019
I know he's gonna be developed as a centre but by god i want his kid next to eichel perfect winger for him

Skinner-Eichel-Cozens

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010

Skinner-Eichel-Mojo
VO-Cozens-Reinhart
Tage-Asplund-Mitts
Girgs-Larsson-Lazar

how many times we going to hear someone is a sure fire second line centre before he actually is?

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
how many times we going to hear someone is a sure fire second line centre before he actually is?
I mean... I'm not a big stats guy so I don't have pages of sources to cite... but I'm pretty sure the limited minutes that Mitts has played in the last year or two has been more "sheltered secondary scoring line" than "2C" in the traditional sense (which it would probably be more appropriate to refer to as the "ROR role" going forward since people seem to be stuck there). He just hasn't stepped up yet so people assume he's getting crushed.

I like those lines and they're very believable. Cozens gets some offensive firepower in Olofsson and all around help from grizzled vet Reinhart (better linemates than most newbies get here usually). Asplund has been reliable in his time this year, we'd get to see what Tage learned in Rochester, and I like Mitts getting time on the wing. TOI would probably lean heavily on the 1st (main offense) and 4th (main defense) lines, with the middle 6 lines being very flexible in where and how much they play.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad