Speculation: Dvorak

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
You need to take off the homer glasses and realize maybe your prospects aren't as valuable around the league as you think they are.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
You need to take off the homer glasses and realize maybe your prospects aren't as valuable around the league as you think they are.

I think that could be applied universally. Dvorak, for instance, probably has a bit less value than what we seem to be presenting in many of these trade speculations.

Still, though, I always get entertained when people tell us, "Dvorak isn't that valuable." I always want to ask, "Then why do you want him?" :D

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
I think that could be applied universally. Dvorak, for instance, probably has a bit less value than what we seem to be presenting in many of these trade speculations.

Still, though, I always get entertained when people tell us, "Dvorak isn't that valuable." I always want to ask, "Then why do you want him?" :D

Absolutely, it does apply. I think it just applies a little more to the guy saying 10+ prospects are off limits and the two guys we're considering trading are top pair D in the making.

Like damn, why do you even want Dvorak then? Give it 3 years and you'll be a perennial cup contender.

Reactions: Ghostface Keller

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
33% you say? So he’s an automatic 1C? Are You at all familiar with the prospects I mentioned?

I LIKE DVORAk a lot. But he’s a middle six center any way you look at it.

I mean, weren’t people just talking about moving him for Newhook? THats really not that far off. Newhooks a decent prospect, but not quite in the Kakko, Lundqvist, Kravtsov range.

Jones and Miller are top pair potential And PP D and I wouldn’t trade much more than one of them and a first round pick for Newhook either.

WELl maybe they do value him more. But him and Strome aren’t that far off either, compared to Dvorak. DIfferent players, but moderately close value. Strome better offensively, Dvorak better 200ft.
I don’t know what to tell you other than you seem to be pretty far off the mark with your evaluations. And in the typical way.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville

I’m not so sure. I said Garland would require a top 10 pick or equivalent prospect. Now I’m saying Dvorak is worth exactly as much as Garland. Where’s the lie?

I think my asks of Amirov+Kerfoot or Reichel+De Haan are quite reasonable. Honestly, pretty low-ball for Dvorak. And I actually think we’d get a little more in real-life.

Most folks are offering considerably less than even Kuemper returned. And I think we can all agree that Dvorak has considerably more trade value than Kuemper.

I would say that there’s about zero chance the Coyotes are able to get anything better than Dylan Guenther and about zero chance they’d accept anything less than Timmins and a 1st.

So find me the mid-point between a guy who’s our obviously new number one (with a bullet) top prospect and a package including a big, young, right-shot D that’s ready to step right into the lineup along with an unconditional 1st round pick. That’s Dvorak’s value.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
33% you say? So he’s an automatic 1C? Are You at all familiar with the prospects I mentioned?

I LIKE DVORAk a lot. But he’s a middle six center any way you look at it.

I mean, weren’t people just talking about moving him for Newhook? THats really not that far off. Newhooks a decent prospect, but not quite in the Kakko, Lundqvist, Kravtsov range.

Jones and Miller are top pair potential And PP D and I wouldn’t trade much more than one of them and a first round pick for Newhook either.

WELl maybe they do value him more. But him and Strome aren’t that far off either, compared to Dvorak. DIfferent players, but moderately close value. Strome better offensively, Dvorak better 200ft.
Saying Strome is better offensively is a stretch. Even though he hasn't reached those #s, I think he is capable to have better #s than Strome now that Tocchet isn't ruining careers of Coyotes! IMO, Dvorak can be at least a 50 point center and the Homer in me thinks it's 60! Behind Zibanejad, easily better #s than what Strome has produced. Saying otherwise means you are not familiar with him. Dvorak is better than Strome easily.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad