Speculation: Dvorak

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
At least now any 1st rounders returned will be next year, which are even more valuable due to the strength of that draft.

For Dvorak though I like that BA is targeting prospects like newhook. Need a shrewd deal if we trade him

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Trading a top prospect for a good 2C seems odd for the Avalanche, no? I get they are in win now mode but they really need ELC so they can sign their top players. See Makar at $9 per season.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Trading a top prospect for a good 2C seems odd for the Avalanche, no? I get they are in win now mode but they really need ELC so they can sign their top players. See Makar at $9 per season.

Sure but what happens when Kadri is due for more money and they have signed MacKinnon + the Rantanan and Makar contracts? How do you sign a true 2C? You have to hope Newhook is at that level by then or you may have to move roster players to afford the UFA 2C who is asking for 6.5m

The contract legnth and amount is what should be pumping up Dvos value to win now teams.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Friedman now throws a rumour that Yzerman is after Dvorak.
I really don't see what Detroit would have to offer unless they're putting Mortiz Seider, Lukas Raymond, or Simon Edvinsson on the table (which they're obviously not). I mean, they have a ton of appealing prospects. But none work as centerpieces.

Joe Veleno, Jonatan Berggren, Jared McIsaac, Antti Tuomisto, and Albert Johansson are all interesting to me. But none are interesting as key returns for Dvorak.

I guess if maybe Detroit told Arizona they could pick two of them and added a 1st, that might work. But that's not the kind of thing I'd personally be looking for.

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
I still can’t find where the redwings are mentioned as being involved in the Dvorak rumors. Maybe was Friedman on some radio show or nhl network?

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006
Rangers have recently been mentioned with interest in trading for Dvorak. As a Ranger fan, I love the idea way more than selling the farm for a wounded Eichel. What kind of haul could make this work? If Fox, Sheisty, Chytil, Kakko, Kravtsov, Lundqvist, Laf, Othmann and Schneider are all off the table... which I assume they would be.

Since Yotes are stacking soon to be ending contracts with a view to massive future cap space, would taking on Ryan Strome be out of the question? This is his last year on contract. And theoretically, he's not a bad, cheap 1C option for the next year. Might even be worth extending as an adequate 1C option to transition them into the rebuild. At least, he's probably better than the current options.

Otherwise, would something like Jones and a 1st round pick work? Miller? Robertson and Barron or a 1st? Georgiev? He'd be a fairly reasonably priced starting goalie. Really I am not sure.

lol..... still like the idea of trading Ryan Strome plus maybe a 1st or Georgiev for Dvorak though!

But this is why I ask. I really think it's someone the Rangers would be serious about acquiring. And a player who would fit the current Rangers needs absolutely perfectly. And I've been expecting these rumors to pop up for some time now.

Last edited:

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
Rangers have recently been mentioned with interest in trading for Dvorak. As a Ranger fan, I love the idea way more than selling the farm for a wounded Eichel. What kind of haul could make this work? If Fox, Sheisty, Chytil, Kakko, Kravtsov, Lundqvist, Laf, Othmann and Schneider are all off the table... which I assume they would be.

Since Yotes are stacking soon to be ending contracts with a view to massive future cap space, would taking on Ryan Strome be out of the question? This is his last year on contract. And theoretically, he's not a bad, cheap 1C option for the next year. Might even be worth extending as an adequate 1C option to transition them into the rebuild. At least, he's probably better than the current options.

Otherwise, would something like Jones and a 1st round pick work? Miller? Robertson and Barron or a 1st? Georgiev? He'd be a fairly reasonably priced starting goalie. Really I am not sure.

lol..... still like the idea of trading Ryan Strome plus maybe a 1st or Georgiev for Dvorak though!

But this is why I ask. I really think it's someone the Rangers would be serious about acquiring. And a player who would fit the current Rangers needs absolutely perfectly. And I've been expecting these rumors to pop up for some time now.
For Dvorak, we require an overpayment of sorts that fill future roster spots. Strome would have to be moved 1st if he is needed as a cap dump! He doesn't fit the long term plans. And if those players are off the table, then the deal won't happen! The more into the off-season we go, the more likely that Dvorak stays a Coyote. The Coyotes are not shopping him and already amassed plenty of draft picks in next year's draft. Trading Dvorak would create a rather large hole down the middle!

Reactions: brakeyawself

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville

You seem to think he’s worth approximately 33% of what he’s actually worth. You aren’t even close.

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006
You seem to think he’s worth approximately 33% of what he’s actually worth. You aren’t even close.

33% you say? So he’s an automatic 1C? Are You at all familiar with the prospects I mentioned?

I LIKE DVORAk a lot. But he’s a middle six center any way you look at it.

I mean, weren’t people just talking about moving him for Newhook? THats really not that far off. Newhooks a decent prospect, but not quite in the Kakko, Lundqvist, Kravtsov range.

Jones and Miller are top pair potential And PP D and I wouldn’t trade much more than one of them and a first round pick for Newhook either.

WELl maybe they do value him more. But him and Strome aren’t that far off either, compared to Dvorak. DIfferent players, but moderately close value. Strome better offensively, Dvorak better 200ft.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->