Dvorak training with Panthers?

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
I'm not sure but last week Dvo was practicing in Florida and I just noticed he's a UFA is this right? If so.. What's the chances we sign him?

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
if he fills a spot, i believe he still has enough in the tank to be effective.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Dvorak has had a nice career and two runs with the Panthers. Time to move on. I'd much rather give his spot to a young guy or bring in someone who can play on the 3rd/4th line with physicality.

Panthers607

if he's any good I say let him retire a Panther

Svatos, Kovalev, Dvorak, easy choice

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Many say time to give space to younger players but in reality Huberdeau is the only youngster who will get a crack at it this season.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
By all indications, the organization has given up on Andre Deveaux. That could be one spot opened up in the not so distant future.

No doubt, but then we have three tryouts vying for that one spot. I don't see us adding Dvorak to the mix. I'd rather give Svatos, Kovy, and Kostitsyn a shot, as inconsistent as they are, over Dvorak. We already know what Dvorak brings, and we don't need it.

Beezer

Trochek Was Tripped!
Jun 24, 2007
Orlando, Florida
I would give Dvo a 1yr deal. I think he could really help us still on the PK. He would instantly be one of our best PKlers even at his age. That enough should justify giving him a look. If we do trade for Luongo then we will probably be going under that 50 contract mark which could make room for adding him + another tryout given our injuries?

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
It's situations like this where I wish we would have pre-season that way we could invite him, have him play, and 'retire' a Panther much in the sense of Jeff Conine with the Marlins.

Pantherfan12

Jun 26, 2006
Sunrise,Florida
Apparently Kostitsyn hasn't responded to Tallon's calls. I also read that he wanted to finish his contract overseas. I say Yes, for the same reasons many others have said yes. Let him retire a Panther,and he was a very good reason our PK was great. He still has wheels and I like him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad