Dusty Baker retiring

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Thank you Dusty... You drove me less crazy than Hinch so there is that. Happy that the pitching got you a ring. Now enjoy life..

Promote Espada please.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Just curious, why would he be fired? His team made it to the ALCS in game 7. I dunno, seems like that's pretty good to me.
Well i believe his contract was out so more likely just not brought back. He underachieved this season. They should have won more than 90 games and I'm not sure the fans here would continue to show up in droves if Maldonado continued to play everyday. Also had some other very curious managing decisions.

Reactions: SwordsgoneWild

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
He got his ring and somehow co-invented the high five, so his legacy is secured at this point.

Just don't look at all the destroyed arms in his wake.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
Congrats on his career. Glad he got his ring last year. Technically he's not retiring though. He wants to remain in the game but closer to home. Jim Crane said he'll have a spot for him if he ever wants to return to the organization. Doubt he returns. Will another team hire him? What kind of position?

Ratbath

Jul 3, 2019
Congrats on his career. Glad he got his ring last year. Technically he's not retiring though. He wants to remain in the game but closer to home. Jim Crane said he'll have a spot for him if he ever wants to return to the organization. Doubt he returns. Will another team hire him? What kind of position?
It would be odd to come back as a lesser coach somewhere. I’d imagine something like a brand ambassador could make sense maybe? I don’t know why he wouldnt just retire unless he hates being around his family

Reactions: punk_o_holic

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
He’ll probably be some kind of consultant and spring training instructor

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

It would be odd to come back as a lesser coach somewhere. I’d imagine something like a brand ambassador could make sense maybe? I don’t know why he wouldnt just retire unless he hates being around his family

Hes been in pro ball since he was 18. Hard to let go after that long.

Reactions: TheTotalPackage

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad