Recalled/Assigned: Dustin Tokarski

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
Price needs to take some time off and finally get healthy. It's no secret that his groin has been bothering him for a long time. If we tank without Price, we tank. Big deal. We're not winning any championships this season anyway. Give Budaj the majority of starts, and give Tokarski some starts here and there until Price is better.

The thing about nagging injury is that they can come to a head at any time. If Price goes down in the playoffs because of this injury, its game over anyway.

David Thicke

May 6, 2011
Montreal, QC
Price needs to take some time off and finally get healthy. It's no secret that his groin has been bothering him for a long time. If we tank without Price, we tank. Big deal. We're not winning any championships this season anyway. Give Budaj the majority of starts, and give Tokarski some starts here and there until Price is better.

The thing about nagging injury is that they can come to a head at any time. If Price goes down in the playoffs because of this injury, its game over anyway.

It's not his groin. It is the same right knee that he injured in the fourth Playoff game against Ottawa. Once you strain the ACL or MCL, it is usually just a matter on time before it acts up again. It's possible to play through but for butterfly goalie, so much harder. I won't be surprised to hear that Price will undergo knee surgery in the off-season. I hope it doesn't happen earlier or the Habs playoff chances are done.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
It's not his groin. It is the same right knee that he injured in the fourth Playoff game against Ottawa. Once you strain the ACL or MCL, it is usually just a matter on time before it acts up again. It's possible to play through but for butterfly goalie, so much harder. I won't be surprised to hear that Price will undergo knee surgery in the off-season. I hope it doesn't happen earlier or the Habs playoff chances are done.
That's just not true.

We're up 8-points on 8th place right now and Budaj is an incredible back-up goaltender. One of the best.

I see no reason to think that Budaj can't get us into the playoffs. Going deep? That's very unlikely to happen without Price, but getting into the playoffs with Budaj isn't impossible like you make it sound.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
That's just not true.

We're up 8-points on 8th place right now and Budaj is an incredible back-up goaltender. One of the best.

I see no reason to think that Budaj can't get us into the playoffs. Going deep? That's very unlikely to happen without Price, but getting into the playoffs with Budaj isn't impossible like you make it sound.

Have you seen this team play recently?

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Yeah but the way they have played makes very little difference if it's Budaj or Price as the goalies are not the issue.

It makes a difference because we are getting points solely because of goaltending. If the quality of goaltending dips from Price to Budaj (read: any goalie that's not a top 5 goalie) we will go on a prolonged losing streak.

finman8

Jun 17, 2012
I concur. Positionally he was weak. He didn't know where to stand when the women Olympians were taking the ice. And his arms were down at his sides. How is he going to stop a puck or hold a hot dog that way?

Seems to me he stopped 53 shots with 1 goal against your Kitchener Rangers to win the mem cup, I'd say he can probably stop a couple pucks. Guess his positioning was ok that night. You realize he got the call, flew & was on the ice a couple hrs. later the same day. Criticize him for lettin pucks in, not that he wasn't sure where to stand.

coolasprICE

Mar 7, 2008
Montreal
Seems to me he stopped 53 shots with 1 goal against your Kitchener Rangers to win the mem cup, I'd say he can probably stop a couple pucks. Guess his positioning was ok that night. You realize he got the call, flew & was on the ice a couple hrs. later the same day. Criticize him for lettin pucks in, not that he wasn't sure where to stand.

No im sure you're wrong. This team can't afford a back up who cant keep his back up.

We know our goalies and postures here and im using mobile browser so i cant see your post count to fully judge your hockey iq and opinion on this subject.

David Thicke

May 6, 2011
Montreal, QC
That's just not true.

I have to disagree with on this one. Yes, Budaj is an incredible back-up! That really is the point, he's a back-up not an NHL starter for a reason. The other problem is that he hasn't played as a starter in the last three years or under the strain of being the number one guy with an untested NHL back-up in Tokarski. It's also Montreal not Colorado and way more pressure to perform. Please don't get me wrong I really like Budaj and if Price goes down then I will be cheering really hard for Budaj to get the Habs into the playoffs and win the Cup. I am also realistic enough to know we aren't ready yet to be a Cup contender but anything can happen in the playoffs.

The 8-point lead can disappear pretty quickly if we slump. I just don't like the Habs odds of making the playoffs if Price's knee gets worse and he's out of action for this season. I am not saying this is the case with Price. I think the team is being over-cautious with him to make sure he's good for the rest of the year. I believe Price has been play with the knee problem for quite some time now. When he returns to action just watch him if the puck is in the other teams end or during stoppages, he has been flexing and stretching the right knee quite often during a game. I saw him do this before the Olympics and even more during the game against Team USA.

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario

I guess the sarcasm metre is broken again. :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad