Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
Handsome B. Wonderful said:
oh

how old?

as you can see I joined May 2002...

I'm not quite sure of the timeline, but we are most likely talking late 90's, 2000 or 2001. Dustin Rose probably started in the 90s I think.

AJ1982

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
Hehe, Classic

Brock said:
Also, the one time I went to see him. He decided to go outside and kill himself a bear with his bare hands during the first intermission and ate it on the bench between shifts during the second.

See Reveille, it was a bear not Don Cherry! ;)

Last edited:

Davisian

Feb 27, 2002
Broomfield, CO
Visit site
Before Dustin, everything was different. He came along and changed everything.

Pre- Dustin;

G-man was a liberal

Fischel was a conservative

Postman was sober

Darth was smooth with the ladies

Joe was well adjusted, as opposed to psycho

And Lanny was a kind, gracious and lovable Hab fan.

Radio Robert was still Radio Robert.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Irish_Leaf said:
could i get a scouting report on him...........and how old is this guy/ who does he play for etc. ?? thanks

He's not only the Jordan of hockey, he's the Christ of it. The Passions of Rose.

The savior of the game!

MacDaddy TLC*

The Rangers have been positioning themselves to draft dustin Rose for about 8 years now.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Evilo said:
a bear?
Oh come on, guys you all know it was a wild grizzly.

It was hard to tell from what little there was left! Dustin considered it a small snack.

Dr_Chimera*

Dustin rules, but what's up with his affair with Kurt Warner's wife?

That was not cool.

Lowetide

Feb 27, 2002
Mick_Travis said:
Dustin rules, but what's up with his affair with Kurt Warner's wife?

That was not cool.

Sure, that's true. But as Warner himself said, you can't stop Dustin, you can only hope to contain him.

ginnungagap

Apr 7, 2003
Visit site
DeathFromAbove said:
Ya, it was KL. At first, he was saying that Skoula had the best poise in the NHL. THen when everyone jumped on him for that, he back-tracked to "puck poise". But it didn't help him any as puck poise went down into HF lore. Good times.

Anybody know if KL ever comes on the boards anymore? Never thought I'd miss him but he did have some entertainment value.

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
lowetide said:
Sure, that's true. But as Warner himself said, you can't stop Dustin, you can only hope to contain him.
As us NCAA junkies like to say, Dustin Rose is an assassin who's mission is the NHL's demise! :D

AJ1982

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
Here's some archived history on Dustin Rose, had to google search for it (http://hfboards.com/archive/index.php/t-59121) this kid is really something special:

r19
Who has the greatest upsides?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Frolov
"Who has the greatest upsides?"

Malkin
Pushkarev
:dunno:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

pinto
wtf?

Legionnaire
There's this kid, Dustin Rose, he's like 6-9 275 at 15. He shoots better than Hull, passes and has better vision than Gretzky, and hits harder than Stevens

r19
sry for the post i messed it up :p
and who's dat kid?

Voodoo
"There's this kid, Dustin Rose, he's like 6-9 275 at 15. He shoots better than Hull, passes and has better vision than Gretzky, and hits harder than Stevens"

With a face like Sopel and hair like Alfredsson

Phil
I heard there was an attitude problem, though...

He's holding out of all developmental leagues until he's allowed to play in plaid with an axe instead of a stick, and has to have his blue ox on the bench at all times.

stardog
Didn't Dustin Rose single handedly douse a fire during the second intermission at one of his games this year just by breathing on it?
And then, severe third degree burns aside, he came back to score 8 goals in the third period, despite playing with a broken left arm and a shattered right kneecap (which he shattered while carrying four childeren out of the burning building).

JasonMacIsaac
"Didn't Dustin Rose single handedly douse a fire during the second intermission at one of his games this year just by breathing on it?
And then, severe third degree burns aside, he came back to score 8 goals in the third period, despite playing with a broken left arm and a shattered right kneecap (which he shattered while carrying four childeren out of the burning building)."

pffffft, his skin won't burn, its tougher then leather.

Last edited:

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
I refuse to associate with people who do mock drafts because none of them are smart enough to try to draft Dustin Rose in advance. You'd figure that you could exploit a loophole, since Rose is omnipresent. :bow:

190Octane

Jun 28, 2002
Fullerton, CA
Pfft.. the kid sounds overrated to me.

A bear? I there there's this prospect in Sweden who is so fast he skated to Africa and killed an Elephant and ate that in intermission.

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
Vishinator05 said:
Pfft.. the kid sounds overrated to me.

A bear? I there there's this prospect in Sweden who is so fast he skated to Africa and killed an Elephant and ate that in intermission.

DR could manhandle that kid and his grandpappy with both hands tied behind his back.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->