Dustin Rose - Best Puck Poise Ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

David A. Rainer

Jun 10, 2002
Huntington Beach
profile.myspace.com
That guy has got so much freakin' speed, it's not even fair. I once saw him receive the puck from his goalie behind his net, carry it all the up the ice, weaving around each defender like he was doing the slolem around some yellow road cones, and bury the puck top-shelf on the glove side back-handed. Absolutely WOW!!!!

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Blackjack said:
:lol Skoula will never lose the 'puck poise' stigma. Who was it that started that? RIAL?

I believe it was KL... and the topic was on Martin Skoula being the best at it... and better than Nicklas Lidstrom :lol

David A. Rainer

Jun 10, 2002
Huntington Beach
profile.myspace.com
Ziggy Stardust said:
I believe it was KL... and the topic was on Martin Skoula being the best at it... and better than Nicklas Lidstrom :lol

Ya, it was KL. At first, he was saying that Skoula had the best poise in the NHL. THen when everyone jumped on him for that, he back-tracked to "puck poise". But it didn't help him any as puck poise went down into HF lore. Good times.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
Pens4ever said:
I thought i saw "Dustin Rose" go across the ESPN ticker one day, but it was "Justin Rose".

Ya, Dustin Rose was leading the Masters, but he couldn't finish the tournament becuase he had games on the weekend.

Lowetide

Feb 27, 2002
That puck poise thread was a killer. One of the truly great threads in HF history.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Also, the one time I went to see him. He decided to go outside and kill himself a bear with his bare hands during the first intermission and ate it on the bench between shifts during the second.

CRUNK JUICE

Nov 19, 2002
Austin, TX
webspace.utexas.edu
Reveille said:
I just saw the kid play and I was amazed. I don't think I've seen someone possess so much puck poise this side of Martin Skoula.

He's a beast. He's grown up so much in the last few years that he hardly resembles the same Dustin that we once knew. Any word on how his stats are lately?

Not to mention he shoots 110 mph. On the BACKHAND.

Postman

Feb 27, 2002
Hossa said:
It had nothing on The Cola Wars.

Yeah, I was just about to say.... Dustin might end up being a better playmaking wing than Cola.

PhoPhan said:
Why...why...WHY did the boards have to crash?

A lot of this dates back before the new boards, altogether.

Vincent_TheGreat

Feb 27, 2002
Ontario
Visit site
Reveille said:
I just saw the kid play and I was amazed. I don't think I've seen someone possess so much puck poise this side of Martin Skoula.

He's a beast. He's grown up so much in the last few years that he hardly resembles the same Dustin that we once knew. Any word on how his stats are lately?

Isn't he averaging 5 goals per game and like 10 points a game! :joker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad