Dustin Byfuglien

Status
Not open for further replies.

J-D

Feb 27, 2002
the dizzle!
Visit site
I'd like to have some fresh info on him; Van was praising him to no end before last draft... are Chicago fans happy with the pick? I understand he was picked in the latter portion of the draft, but still, since there has been lenghty talk about him here in HF I'd like to know how he has developed this year? Thanks!

The Pucks

Mar 6, 2002
Visit site
Frankly he didn't develop last season. Pretty much the same player. Did not show any more commitment to the game, he plays for fun, but does not take it serious. He is much less a prospect his year than he was last season. Still 6'3, 275 lbs, unfortunatly not much of it is muscle.

He is a good skater for his size, has a booming shot, can throw a mean hit, will dominate games ................ when he wants to. Problem is most of the time he is fairly complacent on the ice, shows no leadership, no commitment and no emotion.

Lard_Lad

May 12, 2003
Kelowna
Visit site
If he worked at it, he could be the strongest guy on the WHL and a terror on defence. But like The Pucks said, he just doesn't seem to want to make the effort. His weight in camp is next year should be a pretty good indication of whether or not he's going to start progressing.

fullmetalninja

Jan 11, 2003
Chicago
Actually-

We have heard that it has been an up and down season for him, but that injuries played a role in it. His weight, as I understand it, has been down this season(from last season).

We have someone fairly close to him who updates his progress(or lack thereof) throughout the season.

Like the poster above said, it sounds like he still hasn't dedicated himself yet. Althougth from what we have heard he has been convinced that making a good living playing hockey isn't so bad. He's gonna be like Tyler Arnason... a kid with all the ability to make it- just a question of drive.

Most hawk fans expect him to be in Norfolk next year... we'll see then. I wouldn't count bubba out(although I still think he's a better prospect at forward)...

-fullmetalninja

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->