Dustin Brown keeps surprising me every season

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
I think he is done for, he comes back, oh, he sucks...but he doesn't.

Again this season, at 36, he has surprised me, already 7 goals and 13 points in 14 games, almost ppg.

Is in his 17th season already, almost 1200 games, almost 700 points, 300+ goals, 700+ penalty minutes
another about 20 goals and 50 post season points.

2 time stanley cup winner.
8 years as Kings captain. (08-16)
- has won 2 smaller, less prestige NHL awards

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
I will always remember taking notice of him in his second year. In the span of a week, he absolutely hammered Joe Sakic and Niklas Lidstrom with textbook hits- shoulder right in the logo.

I know he takes heat for crossing the line at times during his career, but to catch 2 legends that were virtually unhittable, I knew he was doing something right.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I will always remember taking notice of him in his second year. In the span of a week, he absolutely hammered Joe Sakic and Niklas Lidstrom with textbook hits- shoulder right in the logo.

I know he takes heat for crossing the line at times during his career, but to catch 2 legends that were virtually unhittable, I knew he was doing something right.

For those who want to see those hits that you mentioned:

I remember him pissing off Chris Pronger with a couple of big hits and drew penalties as a result. In addition to being one of the league leaders in hitting during his prime, he also happened to be among the league leaders in penalties drawn.

He's also quite beloved by Sharks and Coyotes fans.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Is he HOFer? That’s a good resume. Especially being the captain of 2 cup teams.

His individual seasons don’t jump out but he’s been consistent for a long time. Could get in with longevity

Last edited:

MadLuke

Jan 18, 2011
that’s one of the deepest first rounds of all time.

And will be part of is competition in voter mind (many will retire around the same time), you have Ovechkin/Malkin/Rinne the year just after, Keith the year just before.

I am not sure it is certain Eric Staal will make it.

Reactions: SI90

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
And will be part of is competition in voter mind (many will retire around the same time), you have Ovechkin/Malkin/Rinne the year just after, Keith the year just before.

I am not sure it is certain Eric Staal will make it.

good point. We still don’t know how long he plays. He also doesn’t have to be first ballot but over time.

Anguyen92

Aug 23, 2020
Always been one of my most admired players in the league. I wonder how much Kopi taking over the C helped him get his career back on track. Or if people think that was a driving factor at all?

It could be very well be that Darryl Sutter (him and Brown doesn't seem to be on the best of terms at times. Could be underexaggerating, honestly) being fired as a coach had more to do with his production being better than Kopitar getting the C. Post-Sutter was when Brown's production was back to a more respectable level compared to 2014-2017.

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
Good for him.

In a way, it's been frustrating for all of us, the Kings fans and the organization. We know our Cup guys we kept including Brown, Carter, Kopitar, Doughty and Quick all had gas left in the tank and the guys we dealt, Muzzin and Martinez, also had plenty left. So the fact that they couldn't even put a middle-of-the-road, barely playoff, season the last several years has been really disappointing.

Luckily, after the Kovalchuk mess, Blake and Yannetti's staff have put together the best farm system in the league in the meantime.

Reactions: deaderhead28

kingsholygrail

Bonus Hockey Unlocked 43-27-11
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
It could be very well be that Darryl Sutter (him and Brown doesn't seem to be on the best of terms at times. Could be underexaggerating, honestly) being fired as a coach had more to do with his production being better than Kopitar getting the C. Post-Sutter was when Brown's production was back to a more respectable level compared to 2014-2017.
Recovering from his knee injury against the Blackhawks in 2013 and re-inventing himself as a player contributed the most to his bounce back. Sutter's influence is way overblown.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
For those who want to see those hits that you mentioned:

I remember him pissing off Chris Pronger with a couple of big hits and drew penalties as a result. In addition to being one of the league leaders in hitting during his prime, he also happened to be among the league leaders in penalties drawn.

He's also quite beloved by Sharks and Coyotes fans.

He certainly leads with the elbow high in a number of those hits. I always enjoyed his physicality, perhaps as a fan in the other conference.

kingsholygrail

Bonus Hockey Unlocked 43-27-11
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
He certainly leads with the elbow high in a number of those hits. I always enjoyed his physicality, perhaps as a fan in the other conference.
He had to go through the same modifications all hitters from his gen had to go through when they started cracking down. I mean his hit on Cooke is a textbook suspension now. lol

banks

Only got 5/16
Aug 29, 2019
I believe he represented himself in contract negotiations, too. Didn't use an agent. That pretty interesting.

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004

His individual seasons don’t jump out but he’s been consistent for a long time. Could get in with longevity
Huge fan of his but don't see him making the HOF. Just doesn't have the numbers or the awards. I could see him getting into the US HHOF though

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
It's funny because this year he can't do anything anywhere but within 15 feet of the net...where he's more lethal than ever :laugh: might as well be Dino Ciccarelli.

Great career though, I remember seeing a stat that for a lot of the decade the only guys to get over 50 points and 200 hits year to year were Dustin Brown and Alex Ovechkin (+ like 2 seasons of Andrew Ladd).

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010

Nah. Hall of very good, and will get his number retired. Nothing to sneeze at

Reactions: Voight and SI90

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad