Dustin Brown getting a long look

Status
Not open for further replies.

fan mao rong

Feb 6, 2003
port royal , pa
Visit site
Didn't say he's a bust. He's one of the fair-haired boys of certain elements on here who have an agenda. Most people on here don't agree , yeah that's the point. How the favorites system works is apparent. Here it is. Dustin Brown's main attribute is Clarke didn't draft him. That's it. 1. See who Clarke drafts 2. Pick out player drafted after this who is slightly more advanced at the time of draft and may temporarily precede Clarke's pick to the top level. 3. Ballyhoo this pick at every opportunity. 4. If and when favored pick exceeds Clarke's pick to top level, hammer this for all it's worth in forums such as this.......... The source of Brown's adulation---Clarke passed him over after people on here demanded he be selected.==That's it. By the way, did not first mention Carter. Somebody else on here 1st mentioned Carter. Believe it was much revered sage of most on here who claims to have over 10,000 posts. Merely pointed out that a big center with speed and skill would trump a 6'0 200 would-be power forward. Seems like it should be a no-brainer.

Kings Fanatic

Sep 15, 2003
Well, the consenus seemed to be that Brown was one of the best pure goal scorers available. I believe it was Red Line that talked about his finishing ability. He is also known to be a hard worker and very intelligent. He brings a lot to the table. You'll notice I haven't said a word about Carter. If Brown is a fair head boy its because he has shown that he deserves to be.

Papa Bear

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
i'm with fan mao rong

i think brown is HUGELY overated... with 3 picks in the first round there is no way the kings should have chosen brown ahead of parise... and i can pretty much guarantee that the kings wouldhave drafted hessimen had he still been available...
i'm not a scout, i'll admit that, but since everyone is chiming in with their opinions i'll give mine...

i think brown will always be a meat and potatoes type of player - i liken him to raffi torres, but i personally believe that the most productive player to come out of the kings draft will be tambellini... in a todd white type of role

and from experience rookies doinf well at camp doesn't mean squat...

josef balej 2 years ago at habs camp
ron hainsey last year
and i'm sure that a fan from every team could come up with similar stories...

wolfen

Jan 26, 2003
seattle
Visit site
fan mao rong said:
a big center with speed and skill would trump a 6'0 200 would-be power forward. Seems like it should be a no-brainer.

I don't want to get too involved with this discussion, because I haven't seen brown (or carter) play. But I don't see why you feel brown's size is such an issue.

iginla 6'1", 207

o'neill 6'1" 195

guerin 6'2" 210

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Dustin Brown has 3 pts in the first period of tonights game vs. the Coyotes (2 goals + 1 assist).

I just don't see how he is not going to atleast get the 10 game tryout, unless it comes down to $$$, this kid has just been too impressive in both camp and the pre-season games. Plus with the injury situation, the Kings need all the skill players they can get.

Reactions: KingTrouty

IGM

May 26, 2002
Visit site
Brown not only had two goals and an assist, he was also THE KEY to two of the other goals scored. He was in front of the net causing havoc on the pho goalie and D man for one and he drew THREE pho players to him for the other (everyone thought he was going to get the puck, it was a brilliant play by Pirness).

BORWN LIVES UP TO THE HYPE! NO WAY HE DOESN'T START THE SEASON WITH THE BIG CLUB NOW!!!

(I know, I know)

mysteryman

fan mao rong said:
Didn't say he's a bust. He's one of the fair-haired boys of certain elements on here who have an agenda. Most people on here don't agree , yeah that's the point. How the favorites system works is apparent. Here it is. Dustin Brown's main attribute is Clarke didn't draft him. That's it. 1. See who Clarke drafts 2. Pick out player drafted after this who is slightly more advanced at the time of draft and may temporarily precede Clarke's pick to the top level. 3. Ballyhoo this pick at every opportunity. 4. If and when favored pick exceeds Clarke's pick to top level, hammer this for all it's worth in forums such as this.......... The source of Brown's adulation---Clarke passed him over after people on here demanded he be selected.==That's it. By the way, did not first mention Carter. Somebody else on here 1st mentioned Carter. Believe it was much revered sage of most on here who claims to have over 10,000 posts. Merely pointed out that a big center with speed and skill would trump a 6'0 200 would-be power forward. Seems like it should be a no-brainer.

Yeah thats it....its an anti Clarke conspiracy. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->