dustin brown + for matt duchene

Avs For Life

#92 #9 #29
Jul 4, 2012
Denver, CO
Hate to burst your bubble...

Matty isnt going ANYWHERE...

Landy isnt either...

Focus the trade around Stastny or come back in a year for O'reilly.

If we trade Duchene...the fan base would riot

treize_kushrenada

Oct 25, 2006
Noonoononono, no one here thinks Duchene is worth both Koptiar AND Brown.

We either want one of Koptiar or Doughty (not both and I don't think majority of us here wants Brown).

ahh ok. got it. so o'reilly is not in the avs good grace? i honestly am not that sold with stasny or o'reilly. i just thought duchene was not doing too well and might be in the trade fence. thanks for the responses.

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
ahh ok. got it. so o'reilly is not in the avs good grace? i honestly am not that sold with stasny or o'reilly. i just thought duchene was not doing too well and might be in the trade fence. thanks for the responses.

has been ppg this year, and has been our best player not named varlamov.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

Matt's gotten a little worn down from helping Varly keep this team from tanking, but he's having an excellent season. When you add all of the ice bonuses, Matt promoting the team better than the avs marketing department (lol), how quickly and easily he resigned for the team he grew up rooting for, how much better he will still become, how hard he worked this offseason to rebuild his body, and the way he's gelled with PAP and McGinn, the only reason to trade him would be for an early-prime aged superstar, and that means Kopi or Doughty. Matt, Landy, EJ and Varly all fall into that boat for us.

Avs For Life

#92 #9 #29
Jul 4, 2012
Denver, CO

:amazed:

Duchene has been our best player this season and unless PAP passed him he is our leading scorer...

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton

you're a year late on that bro, look up his stats this year.

Jimmy Carter

Avs/Leafs fan
Jul 24, 2010
Western NY
To get Duchene would take assets that would probably keep the Kings far away from competing for another cup for a while, even with Duchene. Besides, why would LA want another center? I thought they were pretty deep at center, and sort of shallow when it comes to winger depth. Seems to me they shouldn't deal a winger for a center in the first place.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
If you had come to us a year ago no doubt a few fans would've jumped at a proposal like this. How quickly things change. With the long-term futures of O'Reilly and Stastny with the club in serious doubt, there is no realistic deal I see that sends Duchene away.

From a Kings perspective I certainly wouldn't trade Captain Brown, though I would take another phone call about his availability and then leak it to the press. His play reaches a entirely different level when he's pissed.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Lol no, not good at all. By adding a 2nd it suddenly becomes fair value? Absolutely not, as others have stated its either Kopitar or Doughty that the Avs should ask for or its no deal

Regardless of Kopitar or Doughty, it should be no deal. What kind of message would it send to trade Duchene? He grew up idolizing the Avs, and got to live his dream to be drafted by and play for the team. Trading him would basically prove that the team cares nothing about the players, and make signing any UFAs that much more difficult.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
It would take something ridiculous to trade Duchene so there isn't much point discussing it. He's basically the one guy you know you can have down the middle for the next ten years of our centers.

Mouse21*

Kopitar is the only thing we would want.

maybe Brad Doty.

I wouldnt take either for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad