Durable, high performance Skates?

r3cc0s

Mar 7, 2011
I've gone through U+CL, Rbk 9k, Rbk 11k, and in the past I've used Tack's, Bauer Custom 4000's and Graf 709

Of the bunch, you can tell the trend is a wide skate, and well... I'm using a RBK 8k right now.

I tried the new RBK 18 and 20k, and they are too narrow in my forefoot unless I go EE, but then the rest of the skate is too big in the heel and instep.

so I'm rocking the 8k which supposedly is about the same as the 16k... and so far, its holding up WAAAY better than both the 9, 11 and U+CL

I think the RBK boots on the top line boots are not durable at all... less than 100 skates each and the boots are creasing, where my 8k's are still holding up.

That being said, the 8k is kinda a weighty beast, and I'm not sure if they are stiff enough for my skating style.

I'm sure if I got back to a Graf 709 (custom order now) it'll be possibly more durable, but probably just as heavy

do you guys have a recommendation of a proper stiff, strong boot that will give me better perf than the 8k, but with at least the same durability?

I'd love a totalONE NXG but there is no way I can force my foot into those things.

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
RBZ is holding up very well for me so far, did you check out my review thread?

Nexus 1000 so far has had no reported issues.

Pro stock skates of course.

Geo73

Jun 17, 2011
Glasgow, Scotland.
I'm still rocking my X:60s from 2011, no creasing but gonna have to replace the Tuuks shortly, bit of twisting going on. So I'd recommend the latest Vapor, APX2 I think.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->