Value of: Dunn Vs. Parayko

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Colton Parayko is one of the best one on one defenders in the league. He is also extremely effective at catching skaters on a back check barring there is a blue line turnover. Which seems to happen a lot for us. He and the rest of our d men have been blowing coverage in the d zone and making errant breakout passes because it seems nobody whatsoever is in the same page from game to game. There are serious consistency issues with this team whether it be their game plan or maybe having 3 or 4 straight differing d coaches in the last 4 years, or the fact that our moronic coach had been trying to get our forwards to try to fly the zone when we have a team for the most part consisting of slower two way forwards.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Dunn is better offensively, I think Parayko is better defensively. Obviously the whole team has struggled so everyone is looking worse than they actually are but that is just what I've seen from my own eyes after a handful of games. Even though Dunn might not have the shot, he just seems more naturally served to be the offensive guy.

This was always the case. A lot of Parayko's success offensively is from his shot and his rushes. I'd like to see him rush the puck more and improve in that area. His OT winner against Colorado on 11/30 is an example of Parayko when he's on.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
You should probably catch the games before making false statements and saying Parayko has taken a step back.

at the beginning of the season he definitely looked worse than the last few years and as i said i havent watched the last 15 but other than that ive seen basically all his games

dont be so defensive there bud

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Edmundson has looked like doo-doo. Please endeavor not to contribute more doo-doo with a guess instead of an informed opinion about either his or Parayko's season.

try reading my post again, i saw the first 15/16 games but not the last 15 because i have no way to so thats all i can base this season off of which i stated. not sure when our fan base got so cancerous

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
try reading my post again, i saw the first 15/16 games but not the last 15 because i have no way to so thats all i can base this season off of which i stated. not sure when our fan base got so cancerous

Around the same time all the trade rumors started.

Reactions: stl76

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006

"End of the day" is a very conclusive kind of phrase, especially for someone with very limited evidence. If you think plainly pointing out the flaw in your opinion is "cancerous," well, pot, meet kettle.

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
Trying to evaluate individual players on the Blues is folly at this point. The entire team looks like a clusterf*** at least every other game.

Yakupov64

Dec 25, 2017
Just finished watching the Blues and Flames. Tough game for the Blues. I came away struck by two different players in Dunn and Parayko. I thought that Dunn looked like the Blues best defender and Parayko looked terrible. I've only watched 3 or 4 Blues games this year though. Is this a trend or is it only the games I've watched? Which player has more value to Blues fans?
Right now everyone looks bad on this team and when you see a player look good you can pretty much count on a disappointment the next night. It's just inconsistency. It isn't a matter of who's better. Parayko might not look great right now but hes also surrounded by players that aren't doing great right now. Dunn has been a bright spot this year but it doesn't exactly take much to be a bright spot on this team right now lol. Parayko is well worth the build up, I assure you. When hes on his game, it's tough for anyone to beat him. Especially retrieving pucks. The guy comes away from the boards with the puck almost always. And check out his one handed ot winner like a week ago

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
at the beginning of the season he definitely looked worse than the last few years and as i said i havent watched the last 15 but other than that ive seen basically all his games

dont be so defensive there bud

Is it really too much to ask you not give a half baked opinion in a trade board thread if by your own admission you've missed the last 15 games?

Reactions: rumrokh

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Is it really too much to ask you not give a half baked opinion in a trade board thread if by your own admission you've missed the last 15 games?

No, don't you get it. If you say, "Prepare for a bad opinion," then you're immune to having anyone challenge it. And if they do, they're cancerous.

Reactions: TK 421

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
No, don't you get it. If you say, "Prepare for a bad opinion," then you're immune to having anyone challenge it. And if they do, they're cancerous.

its more the way you responded like a complete **** haha

also, missing 15 games doesnt mean as much as you are making it out to be, its as big of a sample size of the 16 games before that, guy

Last edited by a moderator:

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Right now everyone looks bad on this team and when you see a player look good you can pretty much count on a disappointment the next night. It's just inconsistency. It isn't a matter of who's better. Parayko might not look great right now but hes also surrounded by players that aren't doing great right now. Dunn has been a bright spot this year but it doesn't exactly take much to be a bright spot on this team right now lol. Parayko is well worth the build up, I assure you. When hes on his game, it's tough for anyone to beat him. Especially retrieving pucks. The guy comes away from the boards with the puck almost always. And check out his one handed ot winner like a week ago
Ummm .... the bolded. What?

Reactions: Alklha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->