Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm

This is all I see:

images

AeroFishOne

The Curriest of the Curry’s
Feb 5, 2010
Add me to the list that doesn’t hate it. Like Bomber said, simplify it alittle. I’d atleast remove the Canes logo on the hat. Redundant, looks cheap and clutters It up and would be hard to embroider on a small patch at that size.

I’m not a fan of “nail-on-the-head” aesthetics in sports as far as team local, like the Calgary flames flags and while the look is cool on the Canes third, even the NC flag. Id hate to say it seems lazy but it seems like the easy way out as far as design. I like the more subtle nods and ties to things in the area while still keepin a motif of the overall team name. I have no problem with the subtle NC shape in the new Canes flags.

The pirate idea works for me because Carolina has a strong pirate history while also maintaining a nautical theme that fits right in to the Hurricane theme. Its also possible to add storm effects in a good portion of the designs. Its something that makes way more sense then a nascar or mountain based theme in terms of connecting with the team name. It’s also something that would be unique to the NHL, im not suggesting moving it to a primary logo but as a secondary or third logo, I really like the idea and most of the concepts I’ve seen have promise.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
The team played a preseason game in Charleston like 20 years ago. I'm pretty sure that's the extent the franchise has reached out to South Carolinians other than having the games televised. Even their outreach beyond the Raleigh area in North Carolina is pretty pathetic. Should just go ahead and call them the Raleigh Hurricanes at this point.

Silhouette of Wake County. F everyone else.

w e l o s t b o y s

Drawing Frog 8
Nov 21, 2009
London
Hat logo looks cheesy. The whole thing is a wheel of cheese.

Put the logo in embossed black on the eye patch. Make the hat less cartoony and the skull more weathered.
don't think that person actually made that logo from scratch, looks like he googled pirate skull and pasted a logo on the hat and put the secondary behind it, just suggesting something along the lines they would like

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Who is he kidding. We all know it's going to be the Whalers.
May have something to do with the fact that I have been to hockey games everywhere and I can't recall the last time I went to one where I didn't see someone in Whalers gear. Remember the whole point of the 3rd jerseys is to create more crap to sell. If they do it a nice idea would be to donate a portion of the proceeds to the UCONN Children's Hospital, which was the Whalers official charity.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Lighthouse with diagonal stripes or diamond pattern in Canes colors with a storm surge around it. Could try and steal a Tampa/Columbus vibe and have a lighthouse mockup in the arena with the storm sirens to start the game.

I suppose the NY Islanders already have a lock on that market.

How about a lighthouse and mountains to represent the full range of the state? Hurricanes does have the nautical theme built in, but if you wanted to encompass a broader vision of what NC is, mountains, Hatteras or Lookout, and maybe throw the Wright Flyer in front because f*** Ohio.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I remember reading somewhere a long time ago that after the move, one of the potential names was 'Pirates' or at least something pirate-related. That got nixed quickly when they found out nearby ECU uses that name and they didnt want confusion.

Does anyone else remember this?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->