Status
Not open for further replies.

scosar

Mar 17, 2003
Detroit
Visit site
Kryoptix said:
with a very long shot potential to become a checking line forward ! :D

Yea sure. That is what was said about Balej last year when he didn't put up any points in his first year in the AHL. All of a sudden the two wingers playing in front of him move up to the NHL and Balej gets prime minutes on the first two lines and powerplay and now he looks like he will be in the bigs next year if not this.

Next year Milroy will move up to the first two lines in Hamilton. While I am not saying that he is a bonafide scoring winger in the NHL, when he was given the opportunity to play on the first two lines in Hamilton he has performed well enough to be optimistic that he can improve next year.

Darcy Tucker was the same type of player in Junior. Memorial Cup MVP, Big points producer in Kamloops. Projected as a third line player in Montreal. He has done not so bad.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Modano09 said:
Someone could it help me in the case of Duncan Milroy, which is the true value of his talent ? Goes you it to become a good player in the NHL ? Or then a very average player ?

Thank you !!! :bow:

Modano09

Tough to say. After an early season injury, he had trouble finding his game in Hamilton, but with the callups and injury, he has gotten better, and has even seen time on the first line. With so many rookies in Hamilton (Higgins, Perezhogin, Milroy, Ferland, Cote, Archer, Michaud are all first year players) it's been tough for Duncan to get ice time, but there should be a few spots next season, so we'll see if he can step it up with an increased role on the team.

As for his future, he is very smart positionally, has a great wrist shot, and is decent along the boards. His skating isn't bad but he could stand to be a bit faster, and must learn to be more physical. I could see him as a future 3rd liner in a few years, if he works on a few things.

not quite yoda

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
If he's lucky and all goes well... he may become a decent checking winger. Chances are he won't be that fortunate.

As for that Tucker comparison... Darcy was ahl rookie of the year while this other guy has struggled to make the lineup.

scosar

Mar 17, 2003
Detroit
Visit site
As for that Tucker comparison... Darcy was ahl rookie of the year while this other guy has struggled to make the lineup.[/QUOTE]

Montreal was just ranked first in prospects. That wasn't the case when Tucker graduated Junior. He walked in and was Montreal's best prospect. I was thinking more along the lines how they were MVP's in Junior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad