Duncan Keith or Keith Ballard

Status
Not open for further replies.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Ballard by a landslide over Keith.

Keith is a very smart player, and is solid defensively, but Ballard is better at both ends. On top of that, Ballard is much more physical, and throws an absolutely devastating hipcheck, one of the best I've seen in years.

Karamazov

Mar 6, 2002
Edmonton
Visit site
Duncan Keith has some kind of a wind endurance that is almost unheard of...something that they've compared to Lance Armstrong.

I think that you get what you pay for, Duncan Keith is going to be a steady defenseman who can play 25 quality minutes, but I think that Keith Ballard will be a horse, somewhat in the mold of Adam Foote?

Ballard for me.

Ballard plays witht he same intensity as Foote but has MUCH more upside offensively

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
Now that enough non-Coyotes fans have weighed in, I feel confident about saying Ballard without being a homer. The kid is an absolute stud. He makes defensive lapses from time to time, but given his experience, they're few and far between, and they're more than made up for by his excellent open-ice hitting and his offensive gifts.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
Never seen any of them play but isn't Ballard suppose to be a #2 D-man for the Yotes, notching top minutes as a young kid?

If so, unless Keith is that good, Ballard wins by a mile

Hawkster58

Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls, Ont.
Visit site
Never seen any of them play but isn't Ballard suppose to be a #2 D-man for the Yotes, notching top minutes as a young kid?

If so, unless Keith is that good, Ballard wins by a mile

One could easily argue that Keith is the #1 D man in Chicago right now, he logged the most minutes last night again amongst Hawks.

Keith is 2-25-27 pts with 23:27 mins avg ice time.

Ballard is 5-15-20 pts 22:00 mins avg ice time.

In all fairness to Duncan Keith, I don't think it is quite so clear cut IMHO.:dunno:

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Ballard is more comparable to Seabrook imo. There's no doubt that he is a future NHL captain.

Zim

Jan 19, 2006
I'd rather have Ballard

Keith is a solid defenseman but his game is quite limited. Ballard seems to be able to do everything.

Zim

Jan 19, 2006
No offence to another good young Hawks d-man, but I'd take Ballard over Seabrook in the blink of an eye too ;)

Don't forget Ballard is 3 years older than Seabrook. I think at this point in time you could argue that Ballard is better than Seabrook but by the time Seabrook is 24-25 i think he will be better than Ballard.

Seabrook now seems to be regaining his rookie year form and is starting to develop a much better physical side to his game as well. Also at 6'3 220 pounds there is scope for him to fill out a bit more and really start to become a serious physical presence on the blue line.

Hawksfan2828

Mar 1, 2007
Libertyville, IL
I have been watching hockey for the last 20 years and if there is a player that is underrated its Duncan Keith. I have to go with Keith on this one, not because im a Hawks fan but because hes just that good. I have Keith up there with Seabrook. Keith is more of a power defensive player who plays Blackhawks style defense and in a few years Keith will be a star player and at the same time will still be underrated.

CrossCheck

Feb 27, 2002
Hockey home, Canada
Visit site
I have been watching hockey for the last 20 years and if there is a player that is underrated its Duncan Keith. I have to go with Keith on this one, not because im a Hawks fan but because hes just that good. I have Keith up there with Seabrook. Keith is more of a power defensive player who plays Blackhawks style defense and in a few years Keith will be a star player and at the same time will still be underrated.

What an argument! I'm convinced now!!!

:shakehead

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
Converted forward, or all around solid younger guy. It really is a toss up. I think (not positive and too lazy to look it up) that Keith has more points than Ballard this year.

I think Keith is more important to the Blackhawks than Ballard is to the Coyotes. I'd really like to see more out of Ballard (pts wise).

BuddehJuS

Nov 25, 2006
Converted forward, or all around solid younger guy. It really is a toss up. I think (not positive and too lazy to look it up) that Keith has more points than Ballard this year.

I think Keith is more important to the Blackhawks than Ballard is to the Coyotes. I'd really like to see more out of Ballard (pts wise).

Being a yotes fan and watching plenty of games this year, Ballard broke his hand at the start of the year and it effected his production but look at his +/- it's even compared to a deplorable -18 of last year. Keith is having the better year but not by much. Ballard is really coming into his own and I believe in the long run will have a better career than Keith but that's not knock Keith, I just believe Ballard is the total package.

lefty2time*

I didn't know Ballard was regarded as a future star.... crazy reading this thread

Robert604strom

May 31, 2010
Victoria
Id say Duncan Keith,He might be playing with Seabrook,but Ballard has also been with players like Mccabb and Jovo and hasnt shown what Keith has. But i hope you guys are right!

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Laughed at this thread so much.

Would have been funnier if someone said "You guys are idiots Kieth will win the Norris some day!", then everybody flamed that person.

Would have been jokes now.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
This just goes to show you, speak in absolutes regarding prospects and your bound to make a fool of yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->