Duncan Keith gets first point.... sorta...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
They often get confused when players arre called up. So many players to keep track of nowadays with 30 teams.

I believe Duncan Keith's point is in fact Babchuk's. Or so it seems. How has Anton been playing, BTW? I like what I hear about that guy!

fullmetalninja

Jan 11, 2003
Chicago
He only played 8:00 minutes vs. Detroit.

He still has a long way to go positionally. But he skates well, and is 6'5" and he has one of the biggest slap shots I've ever seen at age 19. An absolute cannon.

He's not ready yet, but he was a steal at where we drafted him(#19, if I remember correctly). Again, positionally he needs a lot of work... but a 6'5" kid who's not a blob on the ice, has a naturally nasty disposition(he'll play dirty), and has good vision and an elite shot is not a bad thing...

His ceiling is very high. He could turn into a legit 1/2 guy. His floor is Boris Mironov(something other hawk fans will kill me for saying). Big, all the skills, none of the brains or motivation..... But he plays a lot tougher than BoBo(his first rookie camp he was going with a goon they drafted), and has a bigger shot. Who knows...

According to Sutter and Tallon(read, take it with a grain of salt) he has progressed by leaps and bounds in Norfolk, under Trent Yawney, positionally. Its hard to tell here, as he has gotten very limited non PP time. In camp he chased his guy all over the ice. His best game was against Calgary... but go figure the next three games were vs Col/St Louis/Detriot... not easy for 3 of your first 4 games as a 19 year old.

-fullmetalninja

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->