Recalled/Assigned: Dumont and Pateryn sent down (Nov 13)

pine*

per twitter

Canadiens Montréal @CanadiensMTL
Les Canadiens ont rappelé Gabriel Dumont et Greg Pateryn des Bulldogs.\ Canadiens recalled Gabriel Dumont and Greg Pateryn from Hamilton.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Dumont > Parros on the 4th line.
Pateryn > Bouillon potentially.

We all know that Murray will be benched before Bouillon (there's a reason why Therrien doesn't play him at all if we're trailing, he doesn't trust him at all). Pateryn is probably in there in case Emelin isn't cleared by the doctors monday. Dumont is probably there because we're playing the Islanders tomorrow and they are a FAST team. I don't want to see that mustache anywhere near the ice when the Grabner's, Bailey's, Nielsen's are on the ice (which shouldn't happen since we're home but we never know with that goof behind the bench).

Analyzer*

yeah...not gonna happen. Probably Parros scratched and Pateryn called up in case something happens to our D-squad.

Yeah. Apparently Pateryn is only there to replace someone if there's an injury, or flu and not to inject some life into an incompetent core. Well, not really the core just Bouillon, Murray, and Diaz.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
With Briere coming back into the line up next week this is a bit weird considering Dumont has to go through waivers. I thought that was one of the reasons they never called it up?

HCH

Dec 17, 2003
The Wild West
Visit site
Dumont is a curious choice because he has to clear waivers before he can be sent down again. Either the Canadiens aren't worried about him getting claimed if he is re-assigned or they plan on keeping him with the team.

Based on his 4 assists I would say they aren't worried about him getting claimed.

Pateryn must feel like a yo-yo but the fact that he is the one being shuttled in and out more than the others must indicate some kind of confidence :dunno:

pine*

With Briere coming back into the line up next week this is a bit weird considering Dumont has to go through waivers. I thought that was one of the reasons they never called it up?

Dumont is a curious choice because he has to clear waivers before he can be sent down again. Either the Canadiens aren't worried about him getting claimed if he is re-assigned or they plan on keeping him with the team.

Based on his 4 assists I would say they aren't worried about him getting claimed.

Pateryn must feel like a yo-yo but the fact that he is the one being shuttled in and out more than the others must indicate some kind of confidence :dunno:

He cleared waivers prior to the season so he doesn't need to clear them again when he goes back down, unless he plays 10 games or spends 30 consecutive days on the team's roster.

Pretty sure Pateryn is more then fine with being shuttled in and out instead of staying all year in Hamilton, gives him a share of NHL money.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Think Pateryn plays this time? The Isles are a fast team. That's not really a team I'd play Murray against. The Bruins okay. Isles: hope not.

Dumont is a better option than Parros on the 4th.

melnyk budget*

What's the exact reason Pateryn seems to be called up and sent down so often? I heard it's 'cap reasons' but anything more specific?

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
What's the exact reason Pateryn seems to be called up and sent down so often? I heard it's 'cap reasons' but anything more specific?

In case a defenseman gets hurt or sick and can't play tomorrow. Then they send him down to make sure he gets minutes in Hamilton.

HCH

Dec 17, 2003
The Wild West
Visit site
He cleared waivers prior to the season so he doesn't need to clear them again when he goes back down, unless he plays 10 games or spends 30 consecutive days on the team's roster.

Pretty sure Pateryn is more then fine with being shuttled in and out instead of staying all year in Hamilton, gives him a share of NHL money.

Thanks for the waiver info.

I'm sure Pateryn is fine with it, too.:)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad