Dumbest thing said during lockout

Status
Not open for further replies.

vadardog

May 29, 2004
This is a thread for people to quote the stupidest things they've heard.

My #1 was Healy's arguement that the owners offer of profit sharing was useless because the league only looses money. Basically translated: the league is going to loose money so give us a better deal.

#2 Saskin claiming that the Oilers were a great example of how the old CBA was working.

Hawker14

Oct 27, 2004
Travelin Man said:
My dumbest thing is one word....

Eklund

nuff said

c'mon have faith. the law of averages dictates that something other than the brutally obvious will eventually come true.

CarlRacki

Feb 9, 2004
As a Flyers fan this hurts, but:

"We won't play for a $200 million cap."
- Robert Esche

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
"I have to feed my dog"
Modano

"I was misquoted"
Any player hastily retracting statements that said they can take a cap

"Brian Burke for commish."

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Anything posted on this board along the lines of "why don't the owners just agree to no cap, and then collude to keep the salaries down?" In particular, anything posted by Go Flames Go regarding and economic or business issue.

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
Yup

#2 Saskin claiming that the Oilers were a great example of how the old CBA was working.

This has to be the one!

I knew this was gonna be long and brutal when the players started trying to bald facedly throw these lies out there for media consumption.

Two questions Mr Saskin:

How many Oiler fans are bucking for the status quo so they can go back to watching the oilers be a farm team?

How come the Oilers management isnt pushing to keep the old CBA so they can go back to living the high life?

bladoww

Team of the Future
Jan 13, 2005
It's (a cap) unhealthy for players. We believe it's (a cap) healthy for the league, and teams should be able to spend what they want within reason.

Compliments of your pal, Billy Guerin.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
vadardog said:
This is a thread for people to quote the stupidest things they've heard.

My #1 was Healy's arguement that the owners offer of profit sharing was useless because the league only looses money. Basically translated: the league is going to loose money so give us a better deal.

Healy's really is a classic...what about Mohawk McCabe who said that they were ready to sit out the rest of their lives if they had to...he probably doesn't need to worry too much since he got cut by his Euro team, and after his debacle vs the Flyers in the playoffs, well Pat Quinn wants to talk to him...

X0ssbar

Oh how could we forget this classic by Luke Richardson:

"If the season gets cancelled, I'm going to start sending out job applications because hockey is done and they're going to have to abolish the league,"

Link

Feb 28, 2002
Abbotsford, BC
Visit site
Mine is Tkachuk... on Arthur Griffiths show

He said the owners are and the NHL are not losing money. There has to be a way of sharing the revenue pie.

Then he says, "I know there are teams in trouble, Pittsburg for certain."

So Which is it Kieth?

My Favorite is Chelios though...

"If those small market teams can't make it, then sell them and move them to better markets." :amazed:

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Hehe, actually, in Modano's case, maybe it is true that he has to feed his dog. He somehow lost all his money two years ago remember :)

no13matssundin

May 16, 2004
gobert said:
Anything said by Bryan McCabe.

Ditto. It really kills me that guy actually plays the Blue & White and that I used to cheer for him. A complete lobotomy case.

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
no13matssundin said:
Ditto. It really kills me that guy actually plays the Blue & White and that I used to cheer for him. A complete lobotomy case.

come on now. You cant just say your not gonna cheer for him anymore. So what if he opened his yap. We know hes an idiot, but if he gets Leaf nation a cup, im sure you'll forget all about his moronic comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad