Dumba high hit on Backlund

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Also, speaking of the Kassian/Tkachuk incident, if Lomberg received a triple roughing minor(the second in league history?) like Kassian did, there would be no fine and only a one game suspension(and likely not even that since I doubt they take that close of a look at it without the instigator suspension).

Kind of funny.

Chrisinroch

Jan 5, 2013
The Golden Triangle

Attachments

• 9142E903-9C4D-4590-85D0-C38287AE2BD5.jpeg
    9142E903-9C4D-4590-85D0-C38287AE2BD5.jpeg
    40.2 KB · Views: 7

HugginThePost

Flames Suck
Sponsor
Dec 28, 2006
Back to the Sweat Box
Not that we don’t talk about them... but they are over the top.

Won't deny that there is a lot of disturbing content in that thread.

Poor Johnny.....never seen so many nasty nicknames for a guy!!

There is zero morale high ground in that thread.

But what are ya gonna do......the Battle of Alberta is regaining some of its bite.

Which is good for hockey.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
Won't deny that there is a lot of disturbing content in that thread.

Poor Johnny.....never seen so many nasty nicknames for a guy!!

There is zero morale high ground in that thread.

But what are ya gonna do......the Battle of Alberta is regaining some of its bite.

Which is good for hockey.

There’s a fair amount of Oiler fans that yes they hate the flames but are more reasonable and show some decency and admit the Flames are fairly decent so far this year.

Reactions: Porkleaker

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
There’s a fair amount of Oiler fans that yes they hate the flames but are more reasonable and show some decency and admit the Flames are fairly decent so far this year.

They've been killing it so far, even to the point where I've been watching some games hoping they lose ugh. Tonight that all changes. lol I hope.

lucaseider

Apr 15, 2006
mactown
We will see, but Western Canada hasn't won the Norris ever. Oldest 1st Norris is Chara at 31, playing for Boston.

And this is not even considering his playing quality, which at 34 is not likely to improve and has resulted in back of the allstar list selections in several previous years.

However, wouldn't you rather talk about the thread subject?

Since you were already corrected on only one player won their first norris at the age of 30, thought I would correct the other part. The oilers used to have this defenseman named paul coffey, heard he was pretty good and won a couple of norris trophies. Maybe you should stop spewing about stuff you clearly have no clue about since it amkes you look dumb when its so easy to just look this stuff up.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Dumba certainly saw it coming, and he did the correct thing leaving the gloves on and turtling. Why give the refs any excuse to even up the upcoming Power Play?
Exactly, clean hit, down 2 goals with 1 minute to go, about to get a power play. Only a moron would accept the challenge and drop the gloves instead of turtling, getting a pp and maybe a chance to win the game.

It's funny how some are saying "down 2 goals with under a minute to go, that was disrespectful" yet we see teams come back in that exact scenario every season.

This game was not over.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
What a punk ass bitch Matt Dumba is. Throws a high borderline hit in the last minute of a game and then goes fetal when a player he has 3 inches on rightly tries to make him answer for it.

Some players just have no self respect I guess. Coward.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
What a punk ass ***** Matt Dumba is. Throws a high borderline hit in the last minute of a game and then goes fetal when a player he has 3 inches on rightly tries to make him answer for it.

If you want to go all old school and the code on the bit, then a guy like Lomberg has no business asking a guy like Dumba to answer to anything. Send an NHL'er out next time.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Not the most egregious case, but Dumba definitely takes off with one foot prior to the hit and goes high on Backlund. Totally unnecessary with so little time in the game left too.

That's the weird part of it, Dumba's goal should have been on retrieving the puck.

It was a dumba hit, yes I went there.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
What a punk ass ***** Matt Dumba is. Throws a high borderline hit in the last minute of a game and then goes fetal when a player he has 3 inches on rightly tries to make him answer for it.

Hmm, I guess what were your thoughts on Tkachuk ducking Kassian?

Reactions: Heldig

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
That's the weird part of it, Dumba's goal should have been on retrieving the puck.

It was a dumba hit, yes I went there.
Backlund already had the puck, he did the smart play and played the man, not the puck, which could've resulted in Backlund getting past him and having a free run on an empty net.

It was the right play at the right time.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Hmm, I guess what were your thoughts on Tkachuk ducking Kassian?

Tkachuk didn't actually do anything to answer for. Face washed McDavid boohoo. If he had thrown a high hit that injured another player and then turtled I'd condemn his actions too. The elbow he threw on Doughty was dirty and he answered the bell twice for that one.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Tkachuk didn't actually do anything to answer for. Face washed McDavid boohoo. If he had thrown a high hit that injured another player and then turtled I'd condemn his actions too. The elbow he threw on Doughty was dirty and he answered the bell twice for that one.
Dumba didn't do anything to answer for either, you're not required to answer for a clean hit.

Reactions: TaLoN

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Dumba didn't do anything to answer for either, you're not required to answer for a clean hit.

It was at the very least borderline otherwise it doesn't get a thread here or talked about the next day by the media or clarified by the NHL that he won't be getting any discipline for it.

In the last minute of a game his team is being shutout in. Even a minor hockey team would take exception to that. Dumba is gutless coward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad