Dumba high hit on Backlund

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
Seeing it discussed around a few different threads so figured having one of its own might be useful

Thoughts? Looks borderline to me with Backlunds head down, but there's definitely head contact and Dumba leaving his feet isn't a good look.

This is HD-quality video of the hit with CGY announcers. Please add it in the OP.

streamable.com/l2gz7

Last edited:
Reactions: gwh

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Not the most egregious case, but Dumba definitely takes off with one foot prior to the hit and goes high on Backlund. Totally unnecessary with so little time in the game left too.

Reactions: PTmbp13 and StDevs

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I don’t see what everyone’s talking about. I see Dumba making contact with his shoulder and then leaving the ice as a result of the collision. hit looks clean to me. Regardless, really disrespectful by Dumba.

Also Gio had a hit that was blatantly a dangerous knee to knee. Where is the thread for that? Koivu got injured on the play.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I don’t see what everyone’s talking about. I see Dumba making contact with his shoulder and then leaving the ice as a result of the collision. hit looks clean to me. Regardless, really disrespectful by Dumba.

Also Gio had a hit that was blatantly a dangerous knee to knee. Where is the thread for that? Koivu got injured on the play.
Feel free to start one.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
clean hit. Minnesota played a hell of a game if they only allowed the Flames to 2 goals.

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
clean hit. Glad Backlund is ok. Minnesota played a hell of a game if they only allowed the Flames to 2 goals.

Is he? Only updates I've been able to find say he'll be updated tomorrow but it's not looking good

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota

lawrence

May 19, 2012
feet looks planted

Attachments

• hit.JPG
    hit.JPG
    16.3 KB · Views: 101

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad