Rumor: Dumba deal in the works... several teams interested

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Why would Winnipeg trade Laine and the 10th for Danaultand Dumba. They would not trade just Laine for that.

Just said that in the previous post. I think if the Habs add Caufield, we end up feeling the same as you do where we are overpaying.

Laine > Dumba
Laine > Danault
Laine < Dumba and Danault
Laine and 10th > Dumba and Danault
Laine < Danault, 16th, Caufield

Is this workable to try to figure this out more or are you not happy with players like Dumba and Danault? Waste of time or can we try to work on this a bit more?

Is Dumba worth 10th, 16th, and Fleury? Maybe this is the problem?

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
Just said that in the previous post. I think if the Habs add Caufield, we end up feeling the same as you do where we are overpaying.

Laine > Dumba
Laine > Danault
Laine < Dumba and Danault
Laine and 10th > Dumba and Danault
Laine < Danault, 16th, Caufield

Is this workable to try to figure this out more or are you not happy with players like Dumba and Danault?

Is Dumba worth 10th, 16th, and Fleury?
Laine is worth way more than Danault and Dumba. The rest is a moot point since the house of cards came crashing down there.

Reactions: Nedarb

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Laine is worth way more than Danault and Dumba. The rest is a moot point since the house of cards came crashing down there.

Don't agree on that. A top 4D and a top 2C on team friendly deals in their prime? Said it before and will say it again... Laine is not a young Ovechkin. Danault and Dumba would fit the Jets needs IMO.

Not sure I'd do it as a Habs fan but if we add Caufield going to the Jets? Are you still not happy? Lets talk, not yell at each other.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Don't agree on that. A top 4D and a top 2C on team friendly deals in their prime? Said it before and will say it again... Laine is not a young Ovechkin. Danault and Dumba would fit the Jets needs IMO.

Not sure I'd do it as a Habs fan but if we add Caufield going to the Jets? Are you still not happy? Lets talk, not yell at each other.
Come up with a deal where you're not getting the best player for a change. Maybe people will react more favorably

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Come up with a deal where you're not getting the best player for a change. Maybe people will react more favorably

I'll ask again. If the Habs add Caufield to that mix going to the Jets... are you still not happy? Based on this reply, I'm assuming no?

FYI... I have zero interest in your style of reply. Engage on where you think the gap is or move on. Answer the question... If we add Caufield, are you interested?

You don't have to agree but I feel the Habs are paying too much if it's Danault, Caufield, and the 16th for Laine (plus we added Fleury to the Jets too). Saying that this is not even close? Sorry... if you feel that way, we are far apart. I feel you are asking for a young Ovechkin value for Laine.

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
I'll ask again. If the Habs add Caufield to that mix going to the Jets... are you still not happy? Based on this reply, I'm assuming no?

FYI... I have zero interest in your style of reply. Engage on where you think the gap is or move on.

You don't have to agree but I feel the Habs are paying too much if it's Danault, Caufield, and the 16th for Laine (plus we added Fleury to the Jets too). Saying that this is not even close? Sorry... if you feel that way, we are far apart. I feel you are asking for a young Ovechkin value for Laine.
If you want Laine then KK, Suzuki or Romanov are part of the package.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
If you want Laine then KK, Suzuki or Romanov are part of the package.

So you feel Laine is worth more than Danault, Dumba, and Caufield?

Just like Scheifele was untouchable since you acquired him, so is Suzuki, KK, Romanov. Caufield is right there with them... especially Romanov. Some scouts have him rated higher.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019

FYI... I have zero interest in your style of reply. Engage on where you think the gap is or move on.
It's tough to engage with you because you will just argue your point again and again. It would be refreshing to see you say something like "I thought the value was there, turns out inwas wrong".

Anyway, no caufield doesn't move the needle.

I like dumba and I liken danault but not at the cost of laine AND 10th OA. Maybe you could talk minny into doing it if you sent them your 2021 1st and sent winnipeg the 16th instead. Realistically, danault and 2 1sts wouldn't get you laine from the jets anyway so you'd still be making out like bandits.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
It's tough to engage with you because you will just argue your point again and again. It would be refreshing to see you say something like "I thought the value was there, turns out inwas wrong".

Anyway, no caufield doesn't move the needle.

I like dumba and I liken danault but not at the cost of laine AND 10th OA. Maybe you could talk minny into doing it if you sent them your 2021 1st and sent winnipeg the 16th instead. Realistically, danault and 2 1sts wouldn't get you laine from the jets anyway so you'd still be making out like bandits.

You think you can make fun of me and then you say Laine and the 10th is worth more than Dumba, Danault, and Caufield? I think you need to take a look in the mirror. Acting like that is a huge gap in trade value is massive exaggeration where you try to throw BS in my face. Seriously?... you think Laine and the 10th is substantially worth more than those 3 assets? An above average top 4RD, A perfect 200' 2C behind Scheifele, and a grade A+ prospect who can replace Laine as a 30+ goal threat? Wow. We are far apart

What's your problem with me providing context to argue or debate the value? I don't think I'm being unreasonable like you are acting

PenderB

Jun 9, 2019
I think the Wild are a good trading partner for the Canucks - lots of ways a deal can shake out. I think Gaudette is the best centre the Canucks can offer the Wild in any trade, and he has to be part of the deal or else what are the Wild even doing talking to the Canucks. Beyond that, the Wild will want a prospect defenseman with NHL potential coming back the other way to backfill the depth chart. Whether that's a Brogan Rafferty, Jett Woo, Olli Juolevi would be I guess up for negotiation. Do the Wild ask for Podkolzin too?DiPietro? Next year's 1st round pick? How valuable is Dumba here?
I actually don’t think that’s the case. Vancouver has a shortage of centres and can’t afford to lose Gaudette. Also it would be better for them to just resign Tanev for 3 years rather than trade much needed assets for Dumba. We also need players that are signed for cheap due to our bad contracts

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg

Just like Scheifele was untouchable since you acquired him, so is Suzuki, KK, Romanov. Caufield is right there with them... especially Romanov. Some scouts have him rated higher.
Laine

I feel you won’t get a player like Laine without parting with at least one piece that cuts to the bone. Watch this I will make an offer that hurts to make for the oilers and will still get rebuffed.

To Edmonton Laine, Lowry.
To Winnipeg RNH, Broberg/Bouchard, 14th overall

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Laine

I feel you won’t get a player like Laine without parting with at least one piece that cuts to the bone. Watch this I will make an offer that hurts to make for the oilers and will still get rebuffed.

To Edmonton Laine, Lowry.
To Winnipeg RNH, Broberg/Bouchard, 14th overall

The issue at play is what is Laine's true trade value? He's played with some serious top 6 talent in 4 years so far and his production is more flat than steep uphill trajectory. I doubt his shot gets better. Skating? Turns into a Power forward? Doubt it. I think he is who is at the age of 22 today. Value I have on him is 70-75 pts and 40 goals (+/-). That's solid value yes but I feel you are asking for more than that.

The other factor is the reason why you would trade him... High contract demands. Your asking other teams to trade for him based on him getting better from 22+ and also have to overpay for him on his next contract. Not sure this plays out like you think it does

Laine and the 10th
for
Dumba, Danault, Caufield

I feel this is great return value for the Jets. But you don't agree. However, I am not even sure I'd make that trade as a Habs fans. Pretending that that offer is horrible? Sorry, that's massive exaggeration

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
What would the Wild need to add to Dumba for Laine?

He’s not exactly what they need but a right handed shot who can fill the net isn’t too far off the needs at center.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
What would the Wild need to add to Dumba for Laine?

He’s not exactly what they need but a right handed shot who can fill the net isn’t too far off the needs at center.

Wild were getting the 10th, 16th, and Fleury in that package for Dumba. Jets don't like it so it falls through. I even asked them if the Habs offer Caufield as well, would it be close and the narrative was no. They think Laine and the 10th is worth more than Dumba, Danault, and Caufield? Like not even close? You agree with that?

This was the offer (*Caufield as a possible add)
- Both Dumba and Danault going to the Jets
- Laine to the Habs
- 16th, 10th, and Fleury going to the Wild

Wild draft Quinn, Lundell, and one of Guhle or Schneider. Trade for Bozak?

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Wild were getting the 10th, 16th, and Fleury in that package for Dumba.

Understand that. But a player like Laine who scores as a right shot is a need here as well.

If Winnipeg values Dumba, the Wild likely have other pieces that they could put together an offer. Wanting to know what that would look like.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Understand that. But a player like Laine who scores as a right shot is a need here as well.

If Winnipeg values Dumba, the Wild likely have other pieces that they could put together an offer. Wanting to know what that would look like.

Make an offer for Laine with Dumba+ then. Habs will stay out of that one. Good luck! You will have to offer Boldy, and your entire farm system and it still won't be enough. They are looking for a center BTW... like you are

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
The issue at play is what is Laine's true trade value? He's played with some serious top 6 talent in 4 years so far and his production is more flat than steep uphill trajectory. I doubt his shot gets better. Skating? Turns into a Power forward? Doubt it. I think he is who is at the age of 22 today. Value I have on him is 70-75 pts and 40 goals (+/-). That's solid value yes but I feel you are asking for more than that.

The other factor is the reason why you would trade him... High contract demands. Your asking other teams to trade for him based on him getting better from 22+ and also have to overpay for him on his next contract. Not sure this plays out like you think it does

Laine and the 10th
for
Dumba, Danault, Caufield

I feel this is great return value for the Jets. But you don't agree. However, I am not even sure I'd make that trade as a Habs fans. Pretending that that offer is horrible? Sorry, that's massive exaggeration
It’s great that you feel that this Is fair value, but Jets fans don’t. Why Are you the arbitrator of what is fair for three teams here? The rest of us are just pointing out the other side

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
It’s great that you feel that this Is fair value, but Jets fans don’t. Why Are you the arbitrator of what is fair for three teams here? The rest of us are just pointing out the other side

My point was you were acting like Laine and the 10th is substantially worth more than Dumba, Danault, and Caufield. I'm not the arbitrator. I am a poster with an opinion and you guys need to chill. Your opinion don't trump mine and vice versa. Understand? The issue is the attitude! It's ok to have a disagreement

Do you agree or not agree on my Laine trade value set at 70-75 pts and 40 goals (+/-)?

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
My point was you were acting like Laine and the 10th is substantially worth more than Dumba, Danault, and Caufield. I'm not the arbitrator. I am a poster with an opinion and you guys need to chill. Your opinion don't trump mine and vice versa. Understand? The issue is the attitude! It's ok to have a disagreement
Ok everyone disagrees with your valuation of Laine then. Problem solved.

Reactions: Nedarb

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019

Thats a good question... our holes are at RHD and 2C (like you). While dumba fills the RHD hole (in a way that jets fans won't love - we aren't sold on his defence), im not sure how you'd make up the gap in value that remained. Maybe the 9th and someone who could step into a middle 6rw role? Got any of those? We'd probably have to send a roster player back to you guys to balance it out again.

Basically both teams would be dealing from positions of strength but neither would be really happy with what they're getting in return. Most jets fans want laine dealt in a 1-1 deal with a player with similar age, upside and value. Since that's unlikely to happen, we'd be happy to hang on to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad