Rumor: Dumba deal in the works... several teams interested

Status
Not open for further replies.

DemidovSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I think something like:

Dumba + Rask for Boeser + Gaudette + Baertschi could be justified for both teams.

Gaudette isn't the centrepiece, obviously, but he's a young cost controlled centre that looks to have the potential to develop into a second line centre (some defensive warts are the real concern - offensive talent is there).

Boeser vs Dumba has been argued to death. Comes down to need and fit more than anything imo, but the value isn't far off.

Rask clears the 3rd line centre logjam in Minnesota, and moves out salary, while filling in the 3rd line centre position the canucks anticipated gaudette filling.

Baertschi could contribute for Minnesota, but has no real value. He's the least offensive piece necessary to balance the salary.
Whatever at this point. Write it up

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
I’ve gotta think if Winnipeg is the team leading the race that the main peice coming back would be 10OA
Ugh, Jets literally have no decent prospects left.

I just can’t see us trading our pick away for this draft given how deep it is.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I hope the Jets aren't going hard after Dumba. He is a D that looks better than his results. He's the anti-Spurgeon or anti-Brodin - two D that are efficient and effective without the flash.

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
If Guerin trades Dumba for a goaltender we should probably just disband the HF Wild board.

Andersen is your man, after the Stall trade I was left speechless. I joked to a friend all it should cost for him is Bracco and Gauthier...

GoodbyeLuongo

Jun 8, 2012
Seattle
I think something like:

Dumba + Rask for Boeser + Gaudette + Baertschi could be justified for both teams.

Gaudette isn't the centrepiece, obviously, but he's a young cost controlled centre that looks to have the potential to develop into a second line centre (some defensive warts are the real concern - offensive talent is there).

Boeser vs Dumba has been argued to death. Comes down to need and fit more than anything imo, but the value isn't far off.

Rask clears the 3rd line centre logjam in Minnesota, and moves out salary, while filling in the 3rd line centre position the canucks anticipated gaudette filling.

Baertschi could contribute for Minnesota, but has no real value. He's the least offensive piece necessary to balance the salary.

Who is playing top six minutes on the wing if Boeser gets dealt? Virtanen? Eriksson? Vancouver isn’t in a real position to deal Boeser right now. If Podkolzin develops as expected, then this could be more feasible.

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
I think Boeser has more value than Dumba. 2 years left on his contract then RFA with option to qualify. It is substantially more valuable than having a d-man locked in for 6 more years. I think Dumba is a good d-man and would be a great pair with Hughes I just think Guerin would have to add in a 1 for 1 swap.

Edit : forgot to mention Boesee being quite a bit younger as well.

Reactions: Scrapy1980

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Who is playing top six minutes on the wing if Boeser gets dealt? Virtanen? Eriksson? Vancouver isn’t in a real position to deal Boeser right now. If Podkolzin develops as expected, then this could be more feasible.

I don't the why Canuck fans (some of them and more then I thought) wants to move Boeser, like wtf, of course there are also Canuck fans against this idea and lots of it, why we are moving Boeser is beyond me. He is part of the core moving foward. He will continue growing his game around Petterson and Horvat and so for. He will play under the guidance of Miller, and next year, we will phase in Podkolzin as part of our core.

Boeser aint going anywhere!

lawrence

May 19, 2012
would be a great pair with Hughes

this will be a terrible idea since Dumba is also an offensive dman, a rover dman, so we putting 2 rovers together, if they are on the same team, they will be alternating pairings.

Bourdon

Mar 20, 2007
I'm not that interested in Dumba. I mean, if Wild fans are all in on trading Dumba, you have to know somethings not all there. They're the ones that watch him play on a nightly basis.

In my viewings, Dumba is a tools but no toolbox kind of guy. Big shot, but even that was non-existent this year. Looked lost this year, even on the PP. Couldn't even qb a PP so they had Hunt be the passer so Dumba could just be the trigger guy.

I can easily see his career go the way of Faulk, a similar player.

You think you're begrudgingly taking Boeser for Dumba? Quit your daydreaming.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I'm not that interested in Dumba. I mean, if Wild fans are all in on trading Dumba, you have to know somethings not all there. They're the ones that watch him play on a nightly basis.

In my viewings, Dumba is a tools but no toolbox kind of guy. Big shot, but even that was non-existent this year. Looked lost this year, even on the PP. Couldn't even qb a PP so they had Hunt be the passer so Dumba could just be the trigger guy.

You think you're begrudgingly taking Boeser for Dumba? Quit your daydreaming.
It's just acknowledging the obvious:

1.) We have 4 great defensemen and 3 of them now have NMCs
2.) We badly need a top-6 center or two
3.) While we can protect everyone we have right now in the Seattle expansion draft, adding a center that's worth a damn will require us to go 7-3 and leave a defenseman exposed

Ergo, two options: stand pat with a ****-show at center or acquire a center and trade Dumba.

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
The Wild are in a tough spot. They have a contending level defence and some high end wingers(potentially) but no centers.

Maybe their best case scenario would be to fake some injuries and tank for a high pick to grab a center because nobody is trading one for Dumba

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
this will be a terrible idea since Dumba is also an offensive dman, a rover dman, so we putting 2 rovers together, if they are on the same team, they will be alternating pairings.

I disagree I see Dumba as a 2 way defenseman. Also I think if these 2 paired up seldomly would the puck be in our own end.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Can any Wild fans who've watched Dumba since his beginning give a condensed but honest scouting report?

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
If Guerin thinks Rask and Johanson are C’s and good ones I’m not sure if he’s the guy I’d want to make the Dumba trade

Reactions: 57special

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Can any Wild fans who've watched Dumba since his beginning give a condensed but honest scouting report?
This is my very short, lazy condensed assessment since his beginning with the Wild. I didn't get to see him much besides highlights when he was in juniors, but I have watched him with many Wild fans.

Dumba's first two seasons with the Wild were a mess. He was a defensive liability at best with some offense flashes that he was known for and some big hits. He looked like a low IQ player.

After that he started to make much better decisions, but still was a liability many times on the ice. His offense was starting to make up for it, and he became more confident.

Overall, I am confident that he will go back to being a 40-50 point defenseman that COULD put up 20 goals. His shot is still there. People said he isn't the same player. Well, he can still skate well and his shot is still heavy- it just wasn't accurate when he came back from injury and he looked like he wasn't confident out there like he needed to prove it to himself.

I think he if he is traded to a good team he will do nothing but flourish and I am calling that he will score 15 goals his first season with a new team.

Reactions: wonton15

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
I disagree I see Dumba as a 2 way defenseman. Also I think if these 2 paired up seldomly would the puck be in our own end.
Not sure about that...
I think he'd look good on the top pairing playing with Edler. Edler's size and two-way abilty would pair well with Dumba's more dynamic play... Enough size to keep other teams top lines honest and enough offensive IQ to see them both put up 40+ points.
Then roll out Hughes/Tanev on the second pairing.. that would be pretty sweet

Reactions: simon IC

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Not sure about that...
I think he'd look good on the top pairing playing with Edler. Edler's size and two-way abilty would pair well with Dumba's more dynamic play... Enough size to keep other teams top lines honest and enough offensive IQ to see them both put up 40+ points.
Then roll out Hughes/Tanev on the second pairing.. that would be pretty sweet
I agree. That would also give you alternating L/R puck movers on the top 4, which id harder to defend against.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
I agree. That would also give you alternating L/R puck movers on the top 4, which id harder to defend against.
exactly, then you still have Myers on the bottom pairing as another natural right side D. He is more suited for the no.5 spot. Those four guys ahead of him will take a load off his shoulders and now he's viewed more as a luxury to have on the bottom pairing.

Reactions: simon IC

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Is this a reliable media source? Dumba to Vancouver?
Vancouver's got like almost no cap space when you look at who they have to resign from now till 2 years from now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->