Recalled/Assigned: Dumba and McMillan

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
assessment time for Dumba. But damn if he doesn't personify the kind of hockey Yeo is trying to get out of the team. Too bad he doesn't have the experience yet to keep him a little more honest.

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle
assessment time for Dumba. But damn if he doesn't personify the kind of hockey Yeo is trying to get out of the team. Too bad he doesn't have the experience yet to keep him a little more honest.
You hit it. I am sticking to Dumba being the first in line if a D man goes down. This may also be insight into Stoners injury.

Dumba can skate, shoot, hit and scrap. Everything the Wild need in this series but the experience.

If somebody goes down Dumba is such a better option than Prosser (I won't mention Clark because he might as well not be there at all).

Jaykay

Jul 5, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
If somebody goes down Dumba is such a better option than Prosser (I won't mention Clark because he might as well not be there at all).

How do you know that? I'm not saying you're wrong but he hasn't even played an NHL game yet and it sounds like he was pretty mediocre in the AHL.

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle
How do you know that? I'm not saying you're wrong but he hasn't even played an NHL game yet and it sounds like he was pretty mediocre in the AHL.
I have seen Dumba enough over the past couple of years that I am quite comfortable in saying that Dumba is better than Prosser.

Dumba wasn't nearly as mediocre as the "chicken little omg we will never be good because we traded Larson" crowd likes to pretend.

People also forgot that the kid went from being drafted, to WJC try outs then to Wild camp and then finally back to Red Deer. The kid was in a whirl wind for awhile there and settled in quite nicely once he was sent back to Red Deer and had nothing else on his mind to worry about.

Jaykay

Jul 5, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
Dumba wasn't nearly as mediocre as the "chicken little omg we will never be good because we traded Larson" crowd likes to pretend.

What does he have to do with the Larsson trade? And I don't know who you're referring to, but I was going off the couple of people who were actually watching the Aeros who said he wasn't noticeable. That's fine for an 18 year old player in the AHL playoffs but I think it might be unfair to throw him into the NHL playoffs and expect him to hold his own.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
What does he have to do with the Larsson trade? And I don't know who you're referring to, but I was going off the couple of people who were actually watching the Aeros who said he wasn't noticeable. That's fine for an 18 year old player in the AHL playoffs but I think it might be unfair to throw him into the NHL playoffs and expect him to hold his own.

Yeah! It's not like a 19 year old player is much better!:sarcasm:

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle
There were things said by people who watch the Aeros about Scandella also and that was over the course of a full season.

I don't find it shocking that Dumba who arrived that late in the game didn't see the ice much on a team that had quite a few d men who had been there all year. Pretty different then Haula getting playing time when the Wild had just traded Larson and had to call up several forwards.

You asked what i based my opinion so i told you and I referanced Larson because the same people who tend to go on and on about that trade are the same people who have proclaimed Dumba a bust. I didn't mean to infer that you were of that crowd.

Jaykay

Jul 5, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
There were things said by people who watch the Aeros about Scandella also and that was over the course of a full season.

I don't find it shocking that Dumba who arrived that late in the game didn't see the ice much on a team that had quite a few d men who had been there all year. Pretty different then Haula getting playing time when the Wild had just traded Larson and had to call up several forwards.

You asked what i based my opinion so i told you and I referanced Larson because the same people who tend to go on and on about that trade are the same people who have proclaimed Dumba a bust. I didn't mean to infer that you were of that crowd.

I haven't seen Dumba called a bust around here very much lately. There was a lot of bust talk after WJC camp (which I watched and he did play very poorly) but that was only a few games. By all accounts he started to play great when he got back to Red Deer and things settled down a bit.

I think Dumba will be a very good NHL player I'm just worried that some people might be too excited about the "shiny new toy" and think he can step in and play to his potential immediately. I have no doubt that he's far more more talented than Nate Prosser but I just don't think he's ready yet. We just have to remember that Jonas Brodin is the exception, not the rule.

I find it funny how Riser was criticized for not properly developing prospects and throwing them into the NHL when they weren't ready yet. Now we have an 18 year old kid who hasn't played a single NHL game and you guys want him to play against in the playoffs against the most talented forward group in the Western Conference.

Kari Takko

Jun 6, 2010
North Metro, MN
I don't think Dumba will be counted on in the playoffs. He'd be set up for failure. I do however, think he'll be in the top 6 next year.

It's unlikely that Fletch will be able to buy-out Heater with his injury, so the next contract to move should be Tom Gilbert's. (Hopefully, we can get a 2nd or a nice prospect in return) That leaves us with a d core of Suter, Brodin, Spurgeon, Scandella, Stoner and Dumba, with Prosser and Falk as alternates. 1 of Prosser or Falk will likely be traded as well.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I thought you could buy out anyone as long as they're not on injured reserve? Heatley was never put on IR as far as I know.

SP1966

Feb 11, 2013
Las Vegas
Doubt he see's ice time in any games, most likely just bringing him up to spend time with his future teammates and get a little taste of the addictive playoff atmosphere!

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
he's up to lend more style to the post-victory fistbump line.

Kari Takko

Jun 6, 2010
North Metro, MN
I thought you could buy out anyone as long as they're not on injured reserve? Heatley was never put on IR as far as I know.

The annotated versions of the CBA say exactly that, but I've seen a few other things that lead me to believe an injured player cannot be bought out. I think this is the reason PHI didn't buyout Pronger.

If we can buyout Heater, he's gone. If we can't, then Gilbert is.

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny

do you have me on ignore or something? If not I think Fel repeated me. You have to pass medical in order to be bought out. what the team declares you is irrelevant.

Scoutguy77

Jun 7, 2009
Dumba is gong to be very very good !
However, IMO, he will play junior next year and at least a half a year in the AHL before he is ready !

Minny, Im sure has learned from giving up on Leddy, that patience is the key with these young guys.

Some time with Torch will make him a good pro for a long time.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Dumba is gong to be very very good !
However, IMO, he will play junior next year and at least a half a year in the AHL before he is ready !

Minny, Im sure has learned from giving up on Leddy, that patience is the key with these young guys.

Some time with Torch will make him a good pro for a long time.

Dumba was considered the 8-9th best defenseman out of camp this season. I'm sure he'll come out even higher next camp and I think he has a legit shot at making the team. Not a given by any means, though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad