Value of: Dumba and a 1st round pick

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
What's the value of Dumba and a 1st round pick? Ideally, the Wild would be looking for a top 6 center. Depending on the player, the Wild could potentially add a prospect as well.

You realize all along the ask Guerin wanted was a top 6c, or high 1st & top 6c prospect.

Unless the c was like barkov, wild aren't Adding

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
It’s too hard to make a trade like that right now. Trade Dumba for futures at the draft, have 3 firsts+ some other peices, and then sign a guy like Danault in FA if you are so inclined.
I’m leaning more towards this route myself or at least exploring the option of dumba for an explosive winger.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Dumba for Dvorak or Keller, with some adds here and there might work.
Keller is not a C, but I'm sure the Yotes would consider this deal based on Keller's long term high cap hit deal. I don't know why the Yotes would trade the younger C signed for longer at less cap. I don't speak for the Yotes and a youngish D looks like a need, but moving Schmaltz or Dvorak would leave the Yotes looking for a C.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Keller is not a C, but I'm sure the Yotes would consider this deal based on Keller's long term high cap hit deal. I don't know why the Yotes would trade the younger C signed for longer at less cap. I don't speak for the Yotes and a youngish D looks like a need, but moving Schmaltz or Dvorak would leave the Yotes looking for a C.
My assumption is that the "spending spree" is going to come to an end and the owners are going to mandate salary to be moved so they can not take massive losses, especially with the effects of Covid being so prevalent. So moving out Keller and maybe Goligoski would help them move in that direction. Minnesota could add Bjugstad and/or some other pieces. But I think it might be something worth looking into for Arizona, if their financial situation needs help.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I would do it in a heartbeat, but I don't think Edmonton would.
I think RNH is definitely a top six centre, but the Oilers have McDavid and Draisaitl, so he gets shoved to the wing. Oilers really need a top four D man, and Dumba is clearly a very good one of those. If not for the 14 day quarantine, I wonder if this couldn’t work? Although RNH is a coming UFA, so that could be a problem.

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
Would Dumba for RNH be fair?

No. I have been wanting RNH for years but he's got to be signed to extension for any deal to happen.

Question for Edmonton fans? Wht does fans of Oilers complain about him? Is it consistency problem? Pulls a disappearing act? Why causes fans to complain about his game?

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
No. I have been wanting RNH for years but he's got to be signed to extension for any deal to happen.

Question for Edmonton fans? Wht does fans of Oilers complain about him? Is it consistency problem? Pulls a disappearing act? Why causes fans to complain about his game?
Im not an Oiler fan; I just thought (with McDavid and Draisaitl) RNH could be used to get a top 4 d man, and the thread title floated Dumba. RNH (with a handshake agreement extension, that is signed once the deal is finalized) for Dumba? Maybe the Oilers, knowing Dumba is return, allows Minny to talk to RNH about an extension? Dumba is an excellent D man, and I think would help the Oilers a lot.

Reactions: RattsSSV

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad