Duke and Domi, sophomore slump?

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Invisible on the scoresheet, but certainly not on the ice. They're both fighting it a little, sure, but they're still creating plenty of chances. They'll kick back into gear once they find the back of the net.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
They are generating possession and chances. The problem is that Dave Tippett continues to run his popcorn machine for the lines. Hard to get anything going.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
Domi is our best possession forward. He is rocking a 57% corsi. Been creating so many chances.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
They are generating possession and chances. The problem is that Dave Tippett continues to run his popcorn machine for the lines. Hard to get anything going.

I tend to agree and think he may be basing his constant mix & match on analytics. Now I'm by no means even close to being an expert, but doesn't the mixing and matching constantly alter the analytics? Kind of the chicken & the egg thing.

Just a thought. :dunno:

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Domi looks dangerous all the time. Just hasn't converted. Not worried

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
How has Domi been invisible to you, Kylo? Are you solely following him via fantasy hockey or something? Strange.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I'm not worried about them. Domi's already getting back to form and Duclair finally showed some snap last night.

Invisible on the scoresheet, but certainly not on the ice. They're both fighting it a little, sure, but they're still creating plenty of chances. They'll kick back into gear once they find the back of the net.

They will be ok. Thankfully they aren't veterans or some posters would be calling for their head.:)

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona

Exactly. Anybody watching the games knows they haven't been anything close to invisible. Hopefully saw the flashes last game have them with Dvorak and gives that line a good 10 game look before he decides to build his anti-scoring, protect the deficit lines.

BwoyHockeyfan8

Oct 20, 2016
Hey got duclair in my points only pool. Just wondering how he's playing as I haven't watched even a minute of his play. Got a bit from this thread but an update would be nice! I took a gamble thinkin he would get 50 points. Is he gonna turn it on (points wise) anytime soon?

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Hey got duclair in my points only pool. Just wondering how he's playing as I haven't watched even a minute of his play. Got a bit from this thread but an update would be nice! I took a gamble thinkin he would get 50 points. Is he gonna turn it on (points wise) anytime soon?

He is getting his chances and creating for others but he seems snakebitten at the moment. Entire team isn't playing very well. I'd wait until the 20 game mark before dumping him if it comes to that.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
I fully expected a sophomore slump for Duclair after last season's astronomical shooting percentage, but after watching him so far this year, I really think it's just a matter of time before the points start coming. He has been much more confident with the puck on his stick and more versatile in what he can do with the puck. I think he'll have fewer goals but more points than he had last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad